[NL2-NL10] Nl10Fr Ak

• iMilk
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 5 folds, SB calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,90) T:club: , K:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,50, Hero raises to $1,60, SB raises to $6,72 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4,10

This situation happens quite often so I just want to make sure that I'm taking the right line. Do we always fold against sane players? What if we have seen villain reraise/fold flop or reraise and shown second pair?
      I would also like to hear how we play this if we had AA instead of AK.

Hope you will take use a few minutes to give me your thoughts.

A little side question: Why cant I write with caps lock in the subject? - it always change it to small letters.
  • 2 replies
    • Janusrichmond
      I have problems with the same spots and I look forward for an answer from a hand-judge but I would play it as you do (and fold to the push). If Villian had shown second pair after pushing then I would call. I would play the same way with AA. But this is a tight situation, and when Villian has the stats he has in your example with a VpIp on 48 he is definitely a fish and I don´t think calling is a very big mistake (but not sure).
    • MaestroOfZerg

I have no idea about the caps in the subject, it's not that important is it?

As for the hand reads are important in this spot and we don't have much after 20 hands. These really are spots where you need to trust your guts. That guy has been playing for a while already so you should have picked up stuff on him. Did you see him make a call down with something like top pair? Is he raising a lot postflop or more on the passive side? Has he lost a pot recently and could be feeling like it's time to double or die with his trashy Kx?

I think it's really hard for him to have a huge hand on that board. Considering how erratic he's been in the first few hands and how many people i see going nuts with hands as weak as Q9o because they feel like bluffing you, i'd probably call expecting to see a random Kx or garbage often enough. AA is slightly better because it makes him more likely to have Kx hands but not all that different. You shouldn't be afraid to go broke with TPTK at nl10 against players who look overall weird, it's never going to be a big mistake.

Hope it helps.