$6.73
      BU:
      $9.43
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $7.98

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, K.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.23, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.6) 8, K, J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB raises to $1.40, Hero calls $1.05.

Turn: ($3.4) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.75, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.4.

Mp2 is a fish limping like 50% of the hands and I wanna isolate him and play him heads up in position, that´s why I raise preflop. Hit top pair and bet for value. Now he reraise me and I don´t like it at all. Decide to call and see what he does on turn, maybe he was just trying to make some stupid fish-bluff..
      When he bets out on turn I think my hand is to weak and I throw it away. Should I have throwed it away already at the flop (think that now while looking at the hand again)? maybe he had like KJ some other 2-pair or a set, or what do you think? I don´t see a reason for him to checkraise a hand like AK but I don´t know whats going on in his brain.. But I wanna find out!
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not so easy to play that hand without some kind of read on SB. He made a rather large check/raise (could mean he wants fold equity with a draw or he's protecting a made hand so it doesn't help much) so continuing is costly, and as usual you should have an idea of how likely he is to bet a blank turn with a draw and thus what to do, before you call the flop bet.

I very much doubt he's pure bluffing on such a texture, so he probably has KJ/JJ/88/spades, maybe QT/T9. He probably doesn't show up with a worse Kx ever and he'd 3bet AK preflop most likely. So either we're dead or he has tons of outs against us, which means if we call the flop we have to bet a blank turn if he checks / jam it if he bets again. So without reads i think folding the flop will be better, even tho it looks weak. Once you know he'll shutdown very often on a missed turn then you can start calling the flop.

Hope it helps.
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Okey. thank you