This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL400, TT, BvB

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$2/$4 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $74.50
      BU:
      $247.90
      SB(Hero):
      $102.00
      BB:
      $97.00
      MP1:
      $1214.30
      MP2:
      $599.90
      MP3:
      $82.70

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $8.00, BB calls $4.00.

Flop: ($16) 2, 5, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.00, BB calls $9.00.

Turn: ($34) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $16.00, Hero raises to $85.00, BB calls $64.00(All-In).

River: ($199) A (0 players)
      BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $135.

Hey guys,

villain is a standard 14/13 fellow russian shorty. He has 83 fold BB to steal and 13 raise BB to steal, however I believe he will call looser in this situation since he has position and we both have slightly bigger stacks. I don't have his reliable fold2c-bet because he almost never cold calls preflop(I only have 1 fold of 3 times). However, he has 42 WTS, 42W$SD and is very aggressive, 7 AF and 22% Afq(24% flop, 26% turn and 10% river).

My main problem is how to play this most +EV, because OOP sucks big time. Now I don't like my c/r turn anymore and I think I should bet/fold turn in order to not get isolated by Jx hands and get value from 77-99. However, I'm a little bit concerned because I do think he might be capable of bluffraising turn or do you think he will seldom go for a move here?

I did think about check/calling turn when I played, but I didn't want to see another overcard, so I decided c/r > c/c turn. All thoughts are very appreciated. :)

P.S.: Usually I raise 10$ preflop, I made a mistake here by minraising.
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Burek,

There are many more combinations of Jx than 77-99, but he might also float turn with a bluff (especially if your cbet flop% is high) as you said or he might have picked up a FD, OESD or GS with a pair.

I agree with you that ch/R Turn is no good because you'll isolate yourself against better hands. So I'd rather call T and evaluate R. I think I'm quite inclined to call a bet on an A, K or Q on the R cause I think he could bet again to make you fold PPs.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      i also dont think that b/f is the best option.
      i even dont think that 77-99 is realy in his range as he'll 3bet/call those hands preflop.

i prefer c/c turn, c/f or c depending on his thinkinglevel
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I bet $20/fold this, with c/c you never know where you stand and c/c turn & c/f River is like asking to get bluffed.

c/c - c/c is not my style since you easily can be pwned since he might check behind worser hands on the river but bet better hands.

If he calls turn, I give it up