This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll protection

• aeliusch
      aeliusch
      Bronze
      Hello,

I received the 50$ starting capital and now i'm at 55$. I understand that the 2% rule is enforced to protect my bankroll and i only play 1$ SnGs right now.

However, i was not allowed to register to a 1$ regular MTT. Is there a reason for this? It was freezeout.

Thank you for your assistance.
      Regards,
      Elius
  • 2 replies
    • plaktukai
      plaktukai
      Global
      wow u got ur capital fast. 3weeks here and nothing lol..
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi aeliusch,

Yes, following a sensible BRM is the best way to retain and build on your bankroll and whilst a guideline, some platforms do have restrictions in place to ensure this is followed.

Whilst the BRM for cash games is circa 25 to 30BI and SnG's is 50BI, the variance is a lot higher in mtt tournaments and therefore the recommended BI for such tournaments is 100BI. You will therefore need to accumulate $100 before entering these tournaments. There should however be some micro buyin events and even freerolls on most poker platforms.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart