how much roi should i expect ?

• Skibula
      Skibula
      Bronze
      hey all,

i have no idea how much roi i should have ?

i guess its diffrent between players but still..

how i can know if im ok ?

maybe i can be profit but thats doesnt meen i dont have leaks ...

there is an avg?

im talking about 13$ 6 handed sng..
  • 8 replies
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      i heard that somewhere on 2+2 someone posts regularly the attainable ROIs for many types of sng. (it always changes, because players change in time)

BUT i couldn't find it , so if someone knows what i'm talking about you should help us. :s_cool:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

To be honest, I personally wouldn't worry too much about ROI for the first 1,000 games. It's only after this sort of volume when it settles down.

For instance I started off with a 42% ROI on micro levels which is far too excessive and unrealistic.
      My current values depend on BI level, reducing as stakes increase ofc as you would expect.

From what I've read, an ROI of between 4 & 10% is extremely good on 9 player sng's, not sure how it would equate to 6 player, but I'm guessing similar.

The main thing initially I concentrate on is the % ITM, followed by trying to maximise the 1st's/2nd's (talking top3 9 player again) etc. If you get these two aspects right, the ROI is pretty much sorted.

Best regards,

Bart
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      What reason do you have for playing 6-handed Sng's?
    • roshandc
      roshandc
      Bronze
      Heya, i was gonna also ask the same question, as i am getting about 50% ROI in $1 and $2 SnG 10 handed. This is after about 60 Tourneys.

I really feel like I have this limit beat, but your saying 10% is extremely good. I mean Is that really a good ROI on such small stakes??
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roshandc
      Heya, i was gonna also ask the same question, as i am getting about 50% ROI in $1 and $2 SnG 10 handed. This is after about 60 Tourneys.

I really feel like I have this limit beat, but your saying 10% is extremely good. I mean Is that really a good ROI on such small stakes??
      60 games is nothing, you only really start to get an indication of your ROI after 1000 games. I wouldn't worry about ROI on small stakes, just try to win quickly and move up. Personally I hate micro limits because of the crazy stupid plays that people make resulting in rediculous suckouts.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      -
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GunFlavoured

60 games is nothing, you only really start to get an indication of your ROI after 1000 games. I wouldn't worry about ROI on small stakes, just try to win quickly and move up. Personally I hate micro limits because of the crazy stupid plays that people make resulting in rediculous suckouts.

Hello. Sorry, I know thats old topic but read your comment and can't not to ask: at what buy in those crazy plays are more rare? At 3.4$ limit almost made my bankroll enough for 6.5$ s&g's but straight after that 30 buy in downswing and I've lost self confidence.
      They calling shoves that makes coin flipping most of them at this moment I loose, loosing with pocket kings vs Ax (x-shit offsuited) and so on... Don't know what to do.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gonepoker
      Originally posted by GunFlavoured

Hello. Sorry, I know thats old topic but read your comment and can't not to ask: at what buy in those crazy plays are more rare? At 3.4$ limit almost made my bankroll enough for 6.5$ s&g's but straight after that 30 buy in downswing and I've lost self confidence.
      They calling shoves that makes coin flipping most of them at this moment I loose, loosing with pocket kings vs Ax (x-shit offsuited) and so on... Don't know what to do.
      You will still see players doing stupid things even at higher limits but it becomes less frequent the higher you go. I play $33+3 sngs and it still happens ocasionally. Also depends on the time of the day, late night US time is usually good for drunk American maniacs. Keep in mind people doing stupid stuff is profitable in the long run but it does increase variance and frustration. My advice is make sure you are confident with your game, follow BRM and you'll eventually beat the variance.