Stack
      SB:
      $28,90
      Hero:
      $12,55
      BU:
      $24,45

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $2,00, 2 folds, BU raises to $4,50, SB calls $4,25, BB folds, Hero raises to $12,55 (All-In), BU calls $8,05, SB calls $8,05.

Flop: ($38,15) 2:club: , J:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($38,15) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, BU bets $4,00, SB calls $4,00.

River: ($46,15) 5:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $12,00, BU folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $46,15

Again AKo on multiway pot :/ push or fold preflop?
  • 9 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I definitely go broke with Ak here. BU seems to be quite on the aggressive side and SB is a big fish just adding $$ to the pot. NH!
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      ill happily put all my money in preflop here too against donks like these :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey taifoon,

I personally never fold AK preflop after I get 3-bet while playing SSS.

As played, nice hand. You most probably have the equity against BU's 3-betting range to push and with SB's fishy cold call push gets only more profitable.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey taifoon,

Hey Burek, do you call 3bets with Ak 100% of the times (with a normal stack) also in NL200+? How about JJ?

This topic has been on my mind lately, as I've been starting to call 3 bets tighter than before, particularly with AKo and JJ, but I'm still not quite sure about this.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey dandycal,

Originally posted by dandycal
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey taifoon,

Hey Burek, do you call 3bets with Ak 100% of the times (with a normal stack) also in NL200+? How about JJ?

This topic has been on my mind lately, as I've been starting to call 3 bets tighter than before, particularly with AKo and JJ, but I'm still not quite sure about this.
      I've been thinking the same thing about a month ago and what I can say on NL200 regs will 3-bet you according to your PFR, so you should take that into consideration. My tightest range is UTG and even in UTG I have 9-10 PFR at the moment meaning they will raise me with AQ/TT+, so against that range I have to go broke with JJ+/AK, but if you have about 6-8 PFR then thinking villains will 3-bet you with AK/JJ+, so going broke with JJ becomes -EV and you should start folding them, however AK is quite better equity wise and after a standard openraise you are more or less breakeven if you go broke, because the blinds already compensate the rake and on NL400+ even improve your needed equity.

Another thing to consider is the fact if you openraise 6-8% from UTG and go broke with QQ+ only then villains will be able to 3-bet you with almost any 2 because they will have so much FE. AK combinations are immense part of your range.

I hope I answered your question, but it's 3.45 am here and I just finished a lan party, so if I was too unclear or if you have some other question feel free to ask. :f_rolleyes:

P.S.: AK would be foldable if you played basic SSS where you play 6/6, but on micros where basic SSS is meant to be played there aren't enough thinking players who will adjust to your tight range and the tightest range they will 3-bet you with is AK/JJ+ which leads to never fold AK again. :)

Regards,
      burek2000
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah, that's pretty much what I wanted to know, thanks! My UTG pfr still ranges at about 7-8%, so I gotta keep my calling range tighter. But I balance it with AK and JJ sometimes, depending on the situation.

Where do you play btw, FTP? In Poker Stars I find a good deal of aggressive regulars on NL200+ but I think I can still loosen up UTG and they'll probably take a while to realise what I'm doing.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      JJ is kinda a =EV hand from UTG to 3bet call with.

Theoratically people will pick that up that you shove JJ so they open their 3bet range and stuff hence I talk about =EV moves. 7-8% UTG is fine but mix some deceptive hands (SCs, low PPs) from time to time. Getting to the SD with a suited connector from UTG can be a great moneymaker long term

- Gerv
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Where do you play btw, FTP? In Poker Stars I find a good deal of aggressive regulars on NL200+ but I think I can still loosen up UTG and they'll probably take a while to realise what I'm doing.
      I'm a dedicated FTP player indeed, actually I never played anywhere else so far, but I plan to change this after the new year or even during the holidays if there's time. Now I play NL400 with some 600 and 1k and here most regulars are very aggressive, you will seldom see a cold call preflop, however there are poor players too, who will call you, but you don't have to worry about those in general.

I think loosening up to 10PFR in UTG is certainly no mistake and playing 11-14/10-13 is almost necessary if you want to not lose too much money on those limits with non showdown. However, you have to keep your own stats in mind and think about what villains can 3-bet you with. And do as Gerv said, add some SCs/low PPs and if there are fish at the table I like KQ as well, because they will call you with many dominated hands, but be careful if a reg calls you when you raise a hand like KQ and you hit TP.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah I'm already working on opening up my UTG% ;)

Thanks for the comments Gerv and Burek!