This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH KQs turn straight

• koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $37.19
      MP2:
      $18.95
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $36.95
      BU(Hero):
      $29.81
      SB:
      $25.32

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.85, CO folds, Hero calls $0.85, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.05) T, 5, A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.05) J (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25.

River: ($8.55) J (2 players)
      MP3 bets $8.00,

Villain is a TAG.

On the turn I was deciding between calling and raising, but went with just calling. Is reraise/folding the turn weird?

The riverbet kind of looks like a full house trying to get maximum value or something. I'm beaten by both a flush and a full house. => Fold?
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

i think, that you slightly missplayed your hand.

Preflop: Call in position is fine, but if villain is aggressive KQs is way easier to play if you 3-bet to 2,75$. He can't really call something out of position and you take down the pot often enough. If he 4-bets you have an easy fold.

Flop: I don't understand your call with just a backdoor-FD and a gutshot while villain bets half pot? Either raise or fold imo.

Turn: You have nut straight and villain bets half pot on flush board, so you have to raise, to protect from AK with ace of hearts. If he shoves you have a tough desicion.

River: You showed so much weakness. Because of that it's a guessing game if villain is extracting value with flush or FH, bluffing, or maybe turning his AK, AQ, AT kind of hands into a bluff.
      Against a passive player I can find a fold, but vs. him I'd call (although he can show up with JT or AJ easily) and make a note on his play.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      PF you can both call or raise. I mostly prefer raising ip
      Flop you can call or raise. I again prefer raising ip, since he might b/f there Tx/5x, small pp-s, maybe even JJ-KK
      turn call is fine, raising seems a little overreping your hand and not really sure how many worse hands would b/c there, likely only two pair or set and even then they might take bet/shove line
      I´d also call river. He might be valuebetting two pair/set, might be bluffing and sometimes you´re beat by flush, but that would not happen too many times