$25.00
      CO:
      $36.95
      BU(Hero):
      $29.81
      SB:
      $25.32

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.85, CO folds, Hero calls $0.85, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.05) T, 5, A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.05) J (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25.

River: ($8.55) J (2 players)
      MP3 bets $8.00,

Villain is a TAG.

On the turn I was deciding between calling and raising, but went with just calling. Is reraise/folding the turn weird?

The riverbet kind of looks like a full house trying to get maximum value or something. I'm beaten by both a flush and a full house. => Fold?
  • 2 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

i think, that you slightly missplayed your hand.

Preflop: Call in position is fine, but if villain is aggressive KQs is way easier to play if you 3-bet to 2,75$. He can't really call something out of position and you take down the pot often enough. If he 4-bets you have an easy fold.

Flop: I don't understand your call with just a backdoor-FD and a gutshot while villain bets half pot? Either raise or fold imo.

Turn: You have nut straight and villain bets half pot on flush board, so you have to raise, to protect from AK with ace of hearts. If he shoves you have a tough desicion.

River: You showed so much weakness. Because of that it's a guessing game if villain is extracting value with flush or FH, bluffing, or maybe turning his AK, AQ, AT kind of hands into a bluff.
      Against a passive player I can find a fold, but vs. him I'd call (although he can show up with JT or AJ easily) and make a note on his play.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      PF you can both call or raise. I mostly prefer raising ip
      Flop you can call or raise. I again prefer raising ip, since he might b/f there Tx/5x, small pp-s, maybe even JJ-KK
      turn call is fine, raising seems a little overreping your hand and not really sure how many worse hands would b/c there, likely only two pair or set and even then they might take bet/shove line
      I´d also call river. He might be valuebetting two pair/set, might be bluffing and sometimes you´re beat by flush, but that would not happen too many times