$9.45
      CO(Hero):
      $14.40
      BU:
      $18.17
      SB:
      $6.21

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.35, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.35, BU folds, SB calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.15) K, Q, 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG1 bets $1.15, Hero calls $1.15, SB folds.

Turn: ($3.45) 9 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.45) 6 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $3.45, Hero folds.

Villain has been very agressive, raising pre-flop alot and doesn't fold to 3-bet.
      VP:53 / PFr:18 / Af: 2.5
      W$SD: 42 / WTSD: 31 / hands:161

I just call preflop because i think i can get a lot more on a flop with TPTK, since his line has been betting pot size on almost any flop, checking turn and betting pot size on the river.

Should i 3bet preflop or my thinking his alright facing this player?
      Should i raise him on the flop?
      Could i try a bluff on the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      3bet pre

rest is ok. /i think
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends if his aggression stops once he's not the preflop aggressor anymore. Against him i think 3betting will be better, 18 PFR isn't really high or anything, you're probably better off exploiting the fact that he's rarely folding to 3bets when you have a premium hand.

As played you'd need to have seen a showdown from his pot check pot line, which it looks like you didn't. Maybe he bets pot with a draw planning on c/raising a turn hit and then pots the river because he whiffed the c/r. Maybe he checks the turn to see if you have something and then bluffs the river if you don't bet the turn. Maybe both, who knows. I think your line is fine as a default, with more information you could turn your hand into a bluff on the turn or even jam the river, but you'll get burned if you don't have a solid reason to so do.

Hope it helps.
    • dlrec
      dlrec
      Bronze
      The more i think about this hand the more i feel it is too weak.

Should definitely 3bet pf. I guess i could playing that way against a tighter player.
      On the flop, i'm only dead if he has two spades. Given that he shows aggression with any draw or middle pairs, i'm ahead even in the case he has a spade, where i'm a small favorite, so i should bet the flop.

I think calling the flop would be ok on a dry board, trying to get the money in on the turn or the river.

Protecting my hand with a raise on the flop, and taking the passive approach when the fourth spade comes on the turn should be a better line?

it always helps,
      thanks.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raising the flop has merit, however the more aggressive the villain the less comfortable you'll be when you get 3bet, since he could very well have you beat with KQ/sets or a flush, and yet he could also be bluffing/semibluffing with a lone spade or complete garbage. So you'd have to either call it off kinda light hoping you're good, or fold possibly the best hand. Depends on how you see this player i guess. If you're fairly confident he's only going to call with a lone spade it's fine, otherwise you might be better off letting him continue with his bluffs on his own.

Hope it helps.