[NL2-NL10] TT UTG+2, overpair on drawy board facing 2 opponents

• dlrec
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T, T.
      UTG folds, UTG1 raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, 5 folds, SB calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.15) 7, 8, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG1 bets $1.15, Hero calls $1.15, SB calls $1.15.

Turn: ($4.6) 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.6) 3 (3 players)
      SB bets $4.60, UTG1 folds, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Calling pre-flop for set value.

With an overpair and a drawy board i go for the passive mode.
      I don't bet the turn since it completes the straight draws.
      I can't figure out what the SB bet on the river means, he is 13/3/3.4, so i guess an overpair(99 or JJ), a set slowplayed too much or simply a busted draw.

On this flop should i raise the UTG c-bet for protection and fold to aggression?
      Should i bet the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd probably bet the turn because nobody has shown strength so far (if UTG1 had an overpair he'd bet the turn again) and it's going to be really hard to call any sort of bet on the river 3-way if we check behind.

When SB bets the river he's betting into two players with a polarized busted draws / sets range, when UTG1 bets the river he's also betting into two players with some kind of busted draws / middling pairs hand, which lives you with folding as an option basically unless you have good reasons to believe they're huge bluffing machines.

It's likely a bet/fold tho, SB has you drawing to 2 outs if he check/shoves and unless UTG1 is bad enough to take that line with 8x or a draw into 2 players, he'll show you JJ+ at worse too when he check/jams. I'd probably go for $2.8.

Hope it helps.
    • dlrec
      Definitely bet/fold the turn to a shove and bet/call to a small raise and hope for a cheap showdown.