Omaha coaching?

• LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      With Tribun gone and the only Omaha coaching with him I feel there is very little Omaha content on the English site. This is really bad news for anyone who likes Omaha but doesn't speak German nor Russian (like myself).

So the question is simple: Are you actively looking for someone to replace Tribun as the PLO coach?

I'm currently reading a PLO book which I think is pretty good but I just enjoy the interactive coaching format too much not to ask..

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Lubor
  • 13 replies
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Can u say the name of the book u are readign? or u have read so far?
      and I hope Omaha content would increase as well but well.... I dont play Omaha so far ...D
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I'm reading Jeff Hwang's Pot-limit Omaha Poker. It really seems pretty good since I am a complete beginner and he really talks a lot about a lot of basic stuff like values of preflop hands, what hands you should aim for and what hands might be worth getting to showdown..
      A disadvantage is that he mostly talks about FR games so you have to think a bit about how to aply that to SH.
      I'm really only about quarter way through so I will let you know how I liked the book after I've read it whole if you want..

Anyway, I've also got Hwang's Advanced PLO and Slotboom's Secrets of Professional PLO but it will probably take me a whole before I read all of those..
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      nice, please let me know how u like it :) I amy try Omaha sometimes when I get broed with Holdem or smth ...
    • CBFunk
      CBFunk
      Bronze
      Hi,

there will be some Omaha videos released soon, starting next week
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      So no coachings coming up?

I mean videos are great and all and I appreciate how you concentrate on lower stakes now because that's where I play but there are videos available at other sites and the coachings are kind of one of a kind thing so I would really love to see those back soon..
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by LuborC
      I mean videos are great and all and I appreciate how you concentrate on lower stakes now because that's where I play but there are videos available at other sites and the coachings are kind of one of a kind thing so I would really love to see those back soon..
      +1
    • CBFunk
      CBFunk
      Bronze
      I will forward your request to the responsible person
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hello LuborC,

its indeed not that easy to find a PLO Coach, but I do not give up. Maybe I have some luck with an old coach, where I know that he speaks english fluidly.

Otherwise also initial apllications are welcomed. ;)
    • SallaMC
      SallaMC
      Bronze
      I think I 've seen Lubor at the FT PLO tables. He desperately needs a coaching. (Just joking)
      I wouldn't mind an other Omaha coaching opportunity either. But maybe not PLO100 like in the German community, since most gold members will be playing up to PLO50 and I am not too sure to what extent we can make use of the PLO100 moves Vs. the PLO25 calling stations.

Pokermarcel87 please coach us at PLO50!
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I agree, PokerMarcel would be awesome. Also Ratatuj would make a very good coach.

And thank you Berliner. I pretty much only needed to hear that you're still looking which you say you are so I guess I will just wait patiently..
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      PokerMarcel indeed could be an option. He is also producing videos for the EN community. So i will talk with him.
    • suitedeule
      suitedeule
      Black
      imo the main problem with english plo coaching is that its pretty hard to detect collusion. when im coaching the german community i can always check the location and be extra cautious against that player if hes from germany.
      that option is obv useless when coaching in english as so many comunities are watching
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      If by collusion you mean cheating in a way when a player would listen to the coaching and play at the same table I don't see that as that big of a problem TBH. And definitely don't see why a PLO coaching would be more likely to attract cheaters than a NLHE coaching for example..

Plus if someone really wants to cheat like that they could just change their location to Lesotho and then join your German coaching anyway.

Anyway, I still hope someone willing to coach can be found..