This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH QJs OOP

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($48.60)
      Gerv (SB) ($50)

BB ($50)
      UTG ($50)
      MP ($58.65)
      CO ($74.65)

Preflop: Gerv is SB with J, Q
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold, Gerv bets $2.25, BB calls $2, CO calls $2

Flop: ($7.50) 5, J, 7 (3 players)
      Gerv bets $5.25, 1 fold, CO calls $5.25

Turn: ($18) 4 (2 players)
      Gerv bets $11.75, CO calls $11.75

River: ($41.50) A (2 players)
      Gerv checks

What to do on the River? Is this why preflop raising is like meh-ish ???

Am I blockbetting, jamming, c/f or c/c this?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he is not folding river KJ (or maybe he does) and not sure he is calling with JT/J9
      His river AF is very high, so he can easily shove there missed draws, just there isn´t really a lto of missed draws in his range
      He most likely holds there some pp or Jx that he shouldn´t shove river, unless he thinks he can bluff you out QQ/KK/Jx, but even then I think he would oftne check river with his showdown hands and only shoving with A5+
      So although I hate taking that line I think c/f seems here reasonable or if you have read that he can shove river with worse hands that yours c/c is also on option.

I talked this hand about other judge and he thought b/f half betsize and then folding to shove is also ok, since he might call down with worse hands but would only shove river when we´re beat