[NL20-NL50] NL25 Qrag "freeplay"

• GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      so, I'm going to call with these odds and a hand that's even "slightly" valuable, and take a look at a flop when I can close the betting.

Any thoughts about situations like these? And how about that flop, hey? How about raising the flop, I could have gone that way.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $24.75
      BB(Hero):
      $43.10
      UTG1:
      $25.35
      UTG2:
      $33.15
      MP1:
      $26.15
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $12.65
      CO:
      $25.45
      BU:
      $25.25

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 6.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.6) K, A, T (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.1) 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.00, MP3 raises to $11.65, Hero calls $9.65.

River: ($26.4) A (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $16.75.
  • 6 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

i'd simply fold it out of position to a minraise.
      As played nh, my guess is that he had AK with A of heart... :-)
      He could have played Axs like this but anyway it's just a cooler.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Hi Anin,

Your read, as always, is good. That's what villain SHOULD have had.

This villain had JJ with one heart.

Also, I'm going to fold this one oop vs a minraise, but not after one caller, which gives me 5-1 on a call from the bb. If I had 72o, I'd be tempted, but I'd throw it away. Qx suited is too good to fold getting those odds, imho.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

"Also, I'm going to fold this one oop vs a minraise, but not after one caller, which gives me 5-1 on a call from the bb. If I had 72o, I'd be tempted, but I'd throw it away. Qx suited is too good to fold getting those odds, imho. "

You are right i guess.
      But I have the impression that Q6s is hard to play even if you hit because of being out of position. Those villains are able to minraise QQ+ and when you hit your Q it's going to be ugly. And even if you hit your flush you don't know if villain has a higher one. I prefer to call with f.e. 67s or Axs.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would likely call that min-raise especially when I think I´m better than other players
      But folding or squeezing are also ok options
      I´d likely lead out that board, since IO don´t want to call ptosize bet oop and if I get raised I can fold my hand or call small raise to hit my flush
      Turn play is fine
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d likely lead out that board, since IO don´t want to call ptosize bet oop and if I get raised I can fold my hand or call small raise to hit my flush...
      With second nut flushdraw, and nut gutshot straight draw, I've got 12 outs. Can you really fold for any price on the flop? I would have been happy to lead out - 3bet - call the all in, since I'm no worse than a 3-2 dog to a set (guestimate), unless they have Ax of hearts, which is unlikely.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d likely lead out that board, since IO don´t want to call ptosize bet oop and if I get raised I can fold my hand or call small raise to hit my flush...
      With second nut flushdraw, and nut gutshot straight draw, I've got 12 outs. Can you really fold for any price on the flop? I would have been happy to lead out - 3bet - call the all in, since I'm no worse than a 3-2 dog to a set (guestimate), unless they have Ax of hearts, which is unlikely.
      Not really sure how aggressively players would play their Ax of hearts on that flop.
      Didn´t notice gutshot. So flop should bet/call then. Since you don´t have any fold equity don´t think you should bet/3-bet all-in on the flop