DejaLoin
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Hero:
      $4.75
      BB:
      $9.85

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.00) 7:club: , 9:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.00) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75 (All-In), BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.00

Could/should I have checked the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Dejaloin,

Why should you check the Turn with an overpair? Can you give me your arguments for that ? :)

Thank you in advance!
      Gerv
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      i think when we have a good hand and the villain folds we "always" think about no have bet...
    • DejaLoin
      DejaLoin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi Dejaloin,

Why should you check the Turn with an overpair? Can you give me your arguments for that ? :)

Thank you in advance!
      Gerv
      Well, since he called on the flop, maybe to induce bluff/semi bluff? If for example he had a 9, a 7, even pocket sixes, eights, etc, he could think they were good enough (thinking i was stealing with a weak ace? or could even think I had AQ, AK and didn't 2nd barrel after the turn missed me again)? I believe he had very few outs for the river (which wouldn't make the free card very dangerous if he checked behind)...

I'm not sure, this just crossed my mind when I reviewed my session. What do you think?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think people on micro's are too passive and will pass on 7x,9x most of the time due this overcard (aka you give them a free card)

People also stick with their pairs as soon as they call the flop so i want to punish that by shoving for value there

Also the board on the Turn is scattered with random straight draws which makes the board drawheavier

- Gerv