[NL2-NL10] NL10 sH 77 vs shortie

• fakedurrr
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:club: , 7:heart:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,55, SB calls $0,50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,40) 2:heart: , Q:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1,40) 5:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,40, Hero calls $1,40.

River: ($4,20) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,68 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4,20

I check flop to induce some more hands to call balnk turn and if he ch/r so that I dont have to face hard deccision (for me on XXY baord again random shortie) Trun I called cause that was my plan and I guess I maybe could continue and call River as well?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

We likely have to call the river as played even tho we're not happy about it. Since it's really dry and his range is wide i don't even mind c-bet/broke on the flop provided he's at all aggressive if we're going to get stacks in by the river anyway.

It's really hard to play these spots with almost no stats. Some of us won't fold by default because unknowns are usually bad/crazy and the board is very dry, others hate variance against those 'i'll be busto in 10 hands max' villains and will take weak lines by default to save themselves the headaches. Just follow your guts, do what you're comfortable with and learn from the showdowns, nl10 is only a means to an end.

Hope it helps.