This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH A9s, 1st hand, value bet the river?

• AthleticAZ
      AthleticAZ
      Gold
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BU(Hero):
      $26.30
      SB:
      $26.20
      BB:
      $27.35
      CO:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 9.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 2, Q, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.4) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.95, BB calls $1.95.

River: ($7.3) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, ?

It was the first hand of the table. No any stats. Unknown opponent.
      Preflop: Pretty standard to open raise I think.
      Flop: (b/f) I hit a second pair. I c-bet a lot and try to represent a Q here.
      Turn: (b/f) After BB called, I hit a flush-draw and decided to second barrel, also then I don't represent anything more than a Q, I guess. If he 3bets big I'm folding. I also could take a free card in position. What do you prefer to do in this case? Sometimes I try to variate here, but I like to be aggressive most of the time. Another plus is that I can get a free showdown also.
      River: (b/f) Wrong suit comes (for me), but I hit two pair and decided to value bet 2/3 of the pot. Reason for that was, that i still put him on a Q - his line was c/c, c/c, c/?
      I'm wondering why isn't he betting the river. It's a great bluff card the way he played also. So that's is why I think he had some kind of a Q and hopefully he calls then.

Any other ideas?
  • 3 replies