How poker company make profit from pokers?

• 5 replies
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      because of rake....the site takes a small amt (about 5%, capped as you go up the limits) of each hand played, and also puts 10% on tournaments (eg. $1 tournament cost $1.10, of which $0.10 goes to the site)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      The real winners are the poker rooms lol.

and its not only 10% rake. especially at lower limits SNG's can have 20% rake which is quite unfair as it's already quite hard to move up limits.
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Not only rake, think of all the millions of little bankrolls in the poker sites account.....earning interest.

Just 1 million dollars in a conservative account earning 1% interest PA (very conservative) earns $10,000 for sitting there.

Now multiply that by millions upon millions of dollars and you'll find a tidy sum in the end.

In time to come it would be good to be able to stash some of your bankroll away with a site to earn interest as an investment (6 - 12 month) etc
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ImAnAcehole9
      Not only rake, think of all the millions of little bankrolls in the poker sites account.....earning interest.

Just 1 million dollars in a conservative account earning 1% interest PA (very conservative) earns $10,000 for sitting there.

Now multiply that by millions upon millions of dollars and you'll find a tidy sum in the end.

In time to come it would be good to be able to stash some of your bankroll away with a site to earn interest as an investment (6 - 12 month) etc
      Very true. The amount they must make is huge, I mean UB even gives their top players 5% interest on their bankrolls so I would assume they earn at least 2% more than what they payout.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlexanderD22
      Originally posted by ImAnAcehole9

Very true. The amount they must make is huge, I mean UB even gives their top players 5% interest on their bankrolls so I would assume they earn at least 2% more than what they payout.
      This why you should not leave large sums lodged with poker rooms. Keep it somewhere where you earn from it not the poker site.