Known players:      
      MP1:
      $36.99
      Hero:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , J:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0.25.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 5 folds, MP1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.10) T:spade: , K:spade: , A:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP1 raises to $5.00, Hero calls $1.25 (All-In), MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($10.60) Q:spade:
      River: ($10.60) 9:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.60

check/fold flop?
  • 7 replies
    • dedrees
      dedrees
      Bronze
      Very poorly played hand imo. :)

Preflop is quite okay
      But then the flop ruins it all
      The 2.5 dollar was way too hard imo
      0.75 could have done to see the turn
      if he reraised at that moment, fold would have been the most appropriate
      A lot depends of course on what was your read
      If you were sure he was going to fold after that huge bet on flop, it could be justified, but at these limits players tend to call these kind of hands
    • DejaLoin
      DejaLoin
      Bronze
      I'd either check behind or push. That c-bet was bigger than half your stack, so you were really committed. I think i'd push, since from that position your range is AQ+/TT+.

edit: Then again, there are alot of hands that have you beat and that he could easily have, like Ax,Kx,K10, QJ... I'm not sure :f_frown: , sorry.

0.75 bet? What the hell? :f_eek:
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      First of all I agree it was played poorly :f_biggrin:
      my theory was that since he openlimped i put him on a low or medium pair or a suited connector. Definately not a strong ace. Worst case scenario he had JQs or the ace of spades with a low spade kicker. Or maybe even TT but I think he would raise that in MP?
      On the flop I can still represent a strong hand like AK, AQ, AA, KK, TT against all the other hands he migt openlimp with. He checks so I decided to make a bet. If I check behind on the flop and he makes a bet on the turn I have no idea where i'm at.

What range would you put him on?
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      66 - 1010, K10s+, A7s+, Q10s+ there just possibility's but my oppinion on the hand is the c-bet was way to big - $1.50 would be enough then fold to the 3bet. Although it's unlikely that he had something on that flop because of the limp it's likely he's playing alot more looser than the SSS strategy as slow playing would 3bet PF.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      hmm $1.5 is the bet I would make it. I think shoving doesn't add any leverage in my opinion.

Fish limp/call with Suited Connectors, PPs, Broadways and [off]suited Aces so you have to take all those 4 into consideration ;)

- Gerv
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      hmm $1.5 is the bet I would make it. I think shoving doesn't add any leverage in my opinion.

Fish limp/call with Suited Connectors, PPs, Broadways and [off]suited Aces so you have to take all those 4 into consideration ;)

- Gerv

So bet 1.5 and fold to a raise?
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badpinguin
      Originally posted by Gerv

- Gerv

So bet 1.5 and fold to a raise?
      yes c-bet less and fold to the re-raise on the flop. :)