[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH A2o

• loop2troop
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 2.
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.3) 8, J, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.3) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.5) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.00, SB raises to $3.27, Hero calls $2.27.

Final Pot: $7.04.

The villain was playing loose but only in 25 hands. his vpipv/pfr was 61/35
      Would you play this hand differently?
      Is it okay to call to play A2o IP?
      I decided not to bet flop as we have the worst Ace and therefore there will not be much value in my opinion except in flush draws.
      Called the turn as it was only a minbet and I wanted to see a cheap SD.
      Reraise is standard I believe. What about the final call?

Thank you =)
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      Never folding any ace IP vs. such a maniac. You can flat a very wide range and still be profitable vs. such an SB steal.

Don't like the minraise on the river, bet that flop also.
    • vladnz
      you can't really rely on stats that much, 25 hands is very small sample size.

by the looks of his stack size they guy looks like a fish,

I think that is ok flop , the turn is ok, he looks like he hit a 6, he may have a hand like K6,

On the river your raise is to small make it $1.5 and call shove.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd bet/call the flop, there is a ton of stuff he can call or raise with (any pair any gutshot any flushdraw anything remotely playable from his perspective) , only problem is it's going to get tricky later on if it looks like he wants to felt the hand, but if he really is a maniac there are just times where you can't back down.

As played on the river if he really is a maniac i don't hate the minraise, giving them the opportunity to make the last bet is often enough to force them into doing what they do best, shoving for no reason. If you're still unsure you're likely better off making a normal raise.

Hope it helps.