[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH ATs

• loop2troop
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, A.
      Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) 2, A, J (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BU folds, BB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.22) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.55, BB raises to $1.10, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.77.

Opponent playing 36/8 in 75 hands.

I am trying to consider two lines. One would be cheking the turn and calling the river so that I can see the SD. On a monotone board I will get action only from completed draws thus I would like to know which line is better. Actually i believe that I should check here.
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      Checking the turn isn't a bad idea. The only hands you're going to get value from with be like A :club: x :spade: type hands. Or maybe QJ/KJ with one spade?

Depends how fishy he is. If he's an 40+/5 or so then I'm bet/folding all streets.
    • franeczek
      I would probably call the min raise on turn and reevaluate on the river. You play in position even if he hits the flush you still have 10% equity for a full house. I would only consider fold on turn against passive calling station with AF less than 1.0. I don't think that check behind on turn is a good idea cause you don't want to give villain a free card. In my opinion bet/fold turn is better option
    • MaestroOfZerg

I also prefer bet/folding the turn, he's not really the type of player against whom you'll induce anything good on the river, he'll likely check/call a large part of his range (even stuff that beats you so valuebetting is thinner than it looks) or do something weird like donking out for pot. We're still getting called by Ax even without a spade, some hands like pocket pairs with a spade that are still in his flop calling range and broadways with a spade.

Hope it helps.