Maximum Buy in on Micro limits?

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

I normally play Full Tilt, but just deposited $20 on Pokerstars.

Why is the maximum buy in on NL2 $5? Shouldn't it be $2? On Full Tilt it's only $2.

I thought it was always 100x BB.

Also do I get rakeback? On Full Tilt I do because I signed up through Pokerstrategy, but not sure about Pokerstars because I simply deposited via credit card.

Thanks

EDIT: Been playing NL2 for a while. Is it just me? Or are the players on PS all fishes? The level of play is shocking.
  • 16 replies
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      It's because it are deep tables.
      You dont get rakeback, and the players at Pokerstars microstakes are worser the the Full Tilt players yes.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Are all of them deep tables? It seems to be at least the vast majority of them are.

I buy in for 100BB regardless.
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      far as i know, all tables are like that, only different tables are those that have 50BB min buy-in :P PP
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Another thing.

The game play seems much slower than full tilt, i.e. people take (or are given) much longer to make decisions.

When I play 8 tables at once on Full Tilt I'm really busy, while 8 tables on Pokerstars I'm just waiting most of the time.
    • SilentSteve
      SilentSteve
      Bronze
      Try focusing on fast tables.

It could be they just dont know what they are doing as well as fulltilt players :p
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      ye, play speed tables only and it's true, that you have less time to act on ftp :)
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Sorry to be a pain, one last question.

In Full Tilt, when you bet or raise, there's plus (+) and (-) buttons on either ends of the bar, so you can click several times and bet the amount you want, each click is 1BB. This way is very easy.

On Stars, there's only a bar where you can drag it, or manually type the amount in. Is there an option in Stars like FTP? Where you can click plus or minus to get to the amount you bet or raise?

Thanks
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Try the mousewheel, scrolling down increases the bet, up decreases it.
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      y, mousewheel is ftw. just dont forget to turn on single-click table activation, it's a pain in a** to click twice in order to do an action at a table.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I found out if you just click on the bar, the bet/raise amount will go up by increments of 1BB each time you click, same as Full Tilt.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by superjunk
      It's because it are deep tables.
      You dont get rakeback, and the players at Pokerstars microstakes are worser the the Full Tilt players yes.

The microstakes are not the especially deep tables, just for the microstakes they have bigger BI, probably to invoke more rake, i don't know why, but its not because he sat down at a "deep table"

also saying theres no rakeback and leaving it at that is a bit off, there is a vip program instead of rakeback at full tilt, where you earn points and can get bonuses/etc
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hi,

Welcome to PokerStars. Everyone gets rakeback on FT not just PS players. Stars have a VIP club instead which is different. Climb up the ranks to get better benefits. I think you end up getting better rakeback on Stars once you are Supernova.

Hope this helps.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Everyone gets rakeback on FT not just PS players.
      this isn't true, only players who signed up through an affiliate (pokerstrategy for example) but there are people who dont have rakeback on FT
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      i stand corrected.
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      this isn't true, only players who signed up through an affiliate (pokerstrategy for example) but there are people who dont have rakeback on FT
      indeed, ftp doesnt give rakeback itself, they have their own affiliate or something to which they usually re-direct users who want rakeback.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dendra
      Originally posted by dadude77
      indeed, ftp doesnt give rakeback itself, they have their own affiliate or something to which they usually re-direct users who want rakeback.
      I stand corrected