[NL20-NL50] NL50: A7 on 773

• AceOnRiver
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , 7:spade:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, 2 folds, BB calls $1,00.

Flop: ($3,25) 7:club: , 7:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2,00, BB calls $2,00.

Turn: ($7,25) 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4,00, BB raises to $12,00, Hero ?

He has either the 7 or a bluf or me crushed, since im IP, should i just call his raise and ship the river if he bets to me ?
  • 3 replies
    • AthleticAZ
      Never fold, that's for sure.
      He could have either overpair (TT,JJ) or weaker 7x hand, even smaller pairs.

If he is bluffing sometimes (or kinda value-betting 88,66), then I like to give him another chance to bluff on the river, but it could really suck if the river comes A,K,Q. Then he also could get away with JJ,TT,88,66. (putting you on over-cards)

But I would probably re-raise it on the turn, because my image is pretty aggressive. He also looks like a calling station to me, so I let him do, what he does best - call and hope for the best hand!
      Re-raise/shove turn or shove river.
    • Kaitz20
      Don´t think it is bluff, but not really sure 3-betting is the best play
      You likely are playing aces b/c on the turn, so I think you should also take that line with trips and then shove over river bet where he is not folding 7x
    • AceOnRiver
      thats what i thought too, why are so many people afraid he might be on some kind of overpair and when scarecard comes on river he will get away with it ?

I openraised CO he flattet me, so that makes overpair unliekly + he is raising me on the turn why would he do that with a hand that got good SD value on a dry flop ?