Gambler's Little Helper?

• LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      This program was supposed to be a free reward for anyone who reached 100 Strategypoints, this is what the member reward system page says.

But I don't know what happened to it... I can't even find a description of the program in the software area. I don't really know what this program does (was it a tool that found the weakest tables for you to play in?).

And of course I don't have it yet.

What happened? Is it outdated now, so you don't give it anymore, or what?
  • 26 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi LMOJ!

If you collected 100 StrategyPoints you should get the Gambler's Little Helper (which helps you with your table selection = find bad players and avoid good players). Please write a ticket to our support-team if you didnt get one yet. They will tell you why you didnt get one yet and when you will get it.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      does the english version of the glh actually exist ? i remember back in january that it was supposed to come fast but i never heard anything new since. At least it was never sent to me : >
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      They've told me that only a German version of GLH is avaliable... if you change your PokerStrategy language to german, you can find GLH in the software area, with the download link, the descritpion of the program, instructions on how to use it and how to unlock the full version, etc... Everything is explained in German, of course.

Also, my "german" PokerStrategy profile contains a field where I can enter a GLH machine code and get a license code in return. I guess this field only appears if you have 100 Strategypoints or more, and this is how you get your full GLH, and not by e-mail or anything similar.
      To see what my GLH machine code is, I have to install and run the Trial version of GLH first and click on the "Lizenz Eingeben..." button on the "Trial Version!" warning box... On the new window that opens, there's a field where I can see my machine code, and another one where I can enter my license code if I have it.

I'm still figuring things out, though, since I don't speak german at all. An english version of the instructions, even if the program itself is still in german, would help a lot of people. Someone should make it! :p

Cheers!
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Ok, LMOJ!

I will take care of it! Thanks for your feedback!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      "I will take care of it"

This means you will post an english guide for us non-germans? :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I could write a quick guide to just use it with PT. :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Sorry, but we are very busy at the moment because of all the new strategy articles we are working on. But if Cirith wants to write a guide: go go go :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I'll give it a try. I use an older version but I think it doesn't differ rery much. If something is unclear or wrong please let me kknow and I'll fix it.
      I assume that you already installed it. (Should be easy by just clicking "Weiter" all the time. *g*)

After you started GLH you have to set up the PT db. (This guide is for PT only because I don't have the version with the integrated DB.) After that we will adjust the search setting and in the end how GLH searches for bad players. I'll add the english translation behind the german words. (It won't be perfect .^^)

- Click on "Optionen" (options) and select "Verbindungs- und Datenbankprofile" (connection- and databaseprofiles)
      - Select "Neu" (new) to creat a new connection profile. After typing in your prefered name press "OK" (ok? ^^). You can copy (Kopieren), rename (Umbennen) or delete (Löschen) the profile with the other buttons.
      - Select "Datanbankprofile bearbeiten..." (Configure databaseprofile...)

- Select "Neu" (new) to reate a new database profile. For example "Partypoker microlimits" and press "OK in the end. You can copy (Kopieren), rename (Umbennen) or delete (Löschen) the profile with the other buttons.
      - You new datasbase profile just be selected.
      - Adjust "Dankenbanktyp" (databasetype) to your prefered database. (I only used Pokeroffice here so maybe this guide even works for all other databasetypes. :D )
      - Server (server ^^) is in most cases "localhost" (your own pc) if you use a db on another pc you have to set up the ip here (I don't know how excatly this works so you have to try this on your own or use a local db. ;) )
      - At "Datenbankname" (databasename) you can select the prefered database which GLH should use.
      - If you have set up your database with a username and password enter it in the "Benutzername" (username) and Passwort (password *g*) fields.
      - If everything works correctly the following message should popup after clicking on "Datanbankprofil testen" (test databaseprofile):
      "Die Verbindung zur Datenbank wurde erfolgreich hergestellt." (The database was connected successfully.)
      - Click "OK" to save the settings
      You can use several dbs all you have to do is to redo step 2.

- Back to "Verbindungsprofile" you should now see your created databaseprofile from our example "Partypoker microlimits". You can select or deselect the db to either be used or not.
      - You can again test everything by clicking on "Verbindungsprofile testen". A window with "Partypoker microlimlits..........verbunden" should popup.
      - After clicking on "OK" we are ready for step 4.

- Select "Optionen" then "Tisch- Spieler- und Scanprofile" (table- player and scanprofiles) and finally "bearbeiten..." (settings...).
      - Now it's getting complicated. I think I just write my settings here and try to translate the most important. You often have other preferences in how to declare the specific players. A glossary will be added at the end.
      - We start with "Tischprofile" (tableprofiles) where we have the standard setting with 2 profiles "Schlechter Tisch" (bad table) and "Guter Tisch" (good table).
      - Select "Schlechter Tisch". "Farbe" (color) should be already red. and the ican a red "bad" smily as well. "Optionale Indikatoren" (optional indicators) are set to 2.
      - Now you see the "Indikatoren" with a "!" or "?". A "!" indicator mean that this value HAS to be true and a "?" CAN be true but it doesn't have to. If you set "Optionale Indikatoren" to 2 only 2 "?" indicators have to be true so that the table will be declared as bad later if you scan.
      - I only use the values ("Wert" this time the german word behind the english. ;) ) "PWD" (player with data) "Shark" and "VPIP". Lets set them up, starting with "Bedingungen" (Value has to be true. (Don't know the word for it.)) "Min." (at least/minmum?) "Max." (maximum?)
      - "?" "PWD" = "kleiner Maximum", ---, "2" (the "Min." field should be grey.)
      - "?" Shark" = "größer/gleich Minimum", "1", --- (The "Max. field is grey this time.)
      - "?" "VIPIP = "kleiner Maximum", ---, "30" ("Min." again grey.)
      - As you can see I only use the "?" indicators which mean if 2 of the 3 values are true the table is declared as bad for me.
      - Let's go on with the good tables.
      - "Optionale Indikatoren" = 0
      - "!" "Fish" = "größer/gleich Minimum", "1", ---
      - "!" "VPIP" = "größer Minimum", "40", ---

The settings are even confuing for gherman user so I try to explain them a bit more:

Let's use "VPIP" = ..., "40", --- or "Minimum" settings, ..., ---, "40" for "Maximum" settings and ..., "20", "40" for the last two settings.

- "gleich Minmum": average table "VPIP" = 40 are good, 41+ and 39- are bad. (Doesn't make much sense but just to explain the meaning of it.)
      - "größer Minimum": average table "VPIP" > 40 are good.
      - "größer/gleich Minimum": average tabe "VPIP" >= 40 are good.
      - "kleiner Maximum": average tabe "VPIP" < 40 are good.
      - "kleiner/gleich Maximum": average tabe "VPIP" <= 40 are good.
      - "zwischen Minimum/Maximum": average tabe 20 < "VPIP" > 40 are good.
      - "außerhalb Minimum/Maximum": average tabe "VPIP" > 40 and/or "VPIP" < 20 are good.

Now let's go on with the different value translations (only the non english and obvious ones):

- "PWD" = player with data
      - "BUD" = buddies (Player markes as buddies at GLH. I'm not suer if this works.)
      - "AFT" = Aggression factor (This is not the AF we know. To calculate the real AF GLH would need much more CPU power which makes scanning nearly useless.)
      - "BB" = maybne that's average pot size in BB. :/
      - "WSD" = Went to showdown
      - "Spieler" = player(s)
      - "Plätze" = seats
      - "freie" = open seats
      - "Liste" = list?!

- "Tischanzeige..." (shown table?) here you can filter the results. For example you can select to only see the >30 VPIP tables etc. Settings like step 4.

- Spielerprofile (player prodiles) settings are basically like step 4. So I only write down my values.

Shark FR:
      - "Optionale Idikatoren" = 1 (could be 0 and "VPIP" could be "!" but it doesn't change anyrthing. ;) )
      - "!" "Hands" = "größer Minimum", 100, ---
      - "?" "VPIP" = "kleiner/gleich Maximum", ---, 20

Fish FR:
      - "Optionale Idikatoren" = 1 (could be 0 and "VPIP" could be "!" but it doesn't change anyrthing. ;) )
      - "!" "Hands" = "größer Minimum", 100, ---
      - "?" "VPIP" = "größer Minimum", 30, ---

Shark SH:
      - "Optionale Idikatoren" = 0
      - "!" "Hands" = "größer Minimum", 75, ---
      - "!" "VPIP" = "kleiner/gleich Maximum", ---, 30

Fish SH:
      - "!" "Hands" = "größer/gleich Minimum", 75, ---
      - "!" "VPIP" = "größer/gleich Minimum", 50, ---

OK: (player who is bad but not bad enough to be a "good" fish)
      - "!" "Hands" = "größer/gleich Minimum", 75, ---
      - "!" "VPIP" = "größer/gleich Minimum", 40, ---

- Doesn't work anymore. we need to wait for a GLH update. It basically made it possible that GLH selected the scan limit but you still can select the prefered limit manually.

- "Profilsammlung" (all profiles listed) here you can select which profile you want to use at which tabletype (FR or SH). Should be easy to understand if not pleae let mer know.
      Now you should have setup all you need to scan the first time. Just click "OK" to save all settings.

- With "Optionen" --> "Endloscan" (endlesscaning) you don't have to start the scanning again. I would not recommend it because GLH uses much CPU power and this might slow down your pc drastically.

- Go to "Optionen" --> Einstellungen..."
      - We start at "Scannen" here you see 5 options.
      - "Automatisches scannen" (automatical scanning) start with "Tisch ohne Daten überspringen nach Sekunden" (Jump to next table if no data arrives after seconds (free translation.. might be wrong. ^^)) set this to 10-15 because it might happen that GLH can't receive the data from PP and stops scanning. With this setting GLH will go to the next table after 10-15 seconds.
      - "geöffnete Tische überspringen" (jump to next table if current table is already opend) is a very useful setting because your database will consist mainly of your hands and if GLH scans a table with you at it it might take a long time. With this setting you can avoid it.
      - "geöffnete Tische aus Liste entfernen" (delete opend tables from the list) after opening the table it will be deleted from the list.. I never used it. ;)
      - "Tisch vor neuem scan leeren" (clear table list before the next scan)
      - "Sonstiges" (michellaneous): "Portal im Vordergrund halten" (Portal will be hold to the foreground.)
      - I use option 1, 2 and 4.
      - Let's go on to "Spieler" (player) her you can set the "PWD" value. I set it to 30 hands.
      - "Anzeige" (display) is just the setting for the icons. 1 is with profilename and icons, 2 only profilename and 3 only icons.
      - "Sonstiges" --> "Sonstiges" (how creative... ;) )
      - 1 = setting if newer scanned tables should have a different color than older ones. (If you scan the table and scan 1 table again the later one will have a darker red or green or whatever you st up earler at step 4.)
      - 2 = If you select a table in GLH it will be marked in PP as well.
      - 3 = Automaticall search for Updates.
      - 4 ("Datenbanken") = Search for started database or not. Seleting it will DEactivate the search so better let it unmarked. :)
      - Press "OK" to save all settings.

- Finally we can start scanning. ;)
      - If you have FR and SH player profiles you should mark "Profilsammlung verwenden" (use profilecollection) and select whether you want to search for SH or FR games.
      - Don't mark "Scanprofil verwenden" (use scanprofile) because it doesn't work in the current version.
      - If everything is set up you should start the Partypoker sotware, select the limit you want to scan (maybe use the filters so you don't mix FR and SH).
      - Both "Status" (status) displays at "Portalinformationen" (portalinformation) and "Datenbank" should displaying a greeen "OK". If there is a red "Nicht verfunden" (not connected) press "Verbinden" (connect to). If "Portalinformation" states an error try restarting Partypoker again and if "Datenbank" states an error check the databasesetting again.
      - Good luck at the tables.

The guide could use a workaround to make it better to read but not now. :p
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      While you're writing a guide, could you explain what 'BB' is meant to filter? I have the rest worked out I think (including the one that's disguised as but unfortunately isn't aggression factor).
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Could be the average pot size in BB.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Hmm, but GLH shouldn't have that information... oh, wait, of course it would, it's in the lobby. But it still doesn't make sense because it's available for players as well as tables.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      It is available but it is usefuill to some for the table selection and it's the only value not explained in the help but the pot is explained. Normally you won't need it anyway because most fishes are identified by their VPIP. :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Great job CiRith! Thanks a lot!
    • VisionAlex
      VisionAlex
      Bronze
      does it work with mansion ?titan or pokerstars ?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi VisionAlex!

No, just with PartyPoker.

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      You guys must be REALLY busy since it's not available in english yet either hehe :) . Any status update?
    • jay396
      jay396
      Bronze
      How do i get the other $49 into my account as party poker have on put in $1.01

thank you
      jay396
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

@ snowylee: Yes, we have other priorities at the moment. Watch out for the result! :D

@ jay396: Please take a look at this page (especially step 4): http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/1

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Hey Puschkin, is the guide cirith wrote still applicable to the downloadable version at the german downloadpage? I'm thinking of downloading and using it in that case, since I'm back on Party :)