Difference between SnG Sharks and Fish is 1$ in buy-in?

• SlowOne
      SlowOne
      Bronze
      I can't explain this to myself...I made a deposit at FullTilt (with previous playing experiences on other platforms), started grinding 2.25$ :s_cool: SnGs and got cold shower. I was down approx. 29 buy-ins (65$) after about 110 games. I think even regural donkey on this limit has better ROI than I recorded(-31%). With self confidence crushed, I joined the party at 1.20$ :f_biggrin: buy-ins. I think my game was ok - tight early stage and controled pushing maniac late stage. This seems to work on lower limit as I'm recording +31% ROI over about 110 games. Now ,counting in rakeback, I'm (approx.) only 10$ down from my original BR. Can it be, that players on 2.25$ :s_cool: are so much better than 1.20$ :f_biggrin: players?

Words in graphs:
      http://img32.imageshack.us/i/displaygraph2.png/
      http://img515.imageshack.us/i/displaygraphv.png/

Somebody please tell me what the hell is going on or I will be forced to call the poker god and tel him to go f**k himself :P .
  • 7 replies
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Hard to believe they are that much better. I am playing on iPoker and the only significant change i saw in player knowledge is that going from 2$ to 5$, players no longer go automatically broke with Top pair 2/3/4/5/6 kicker or middle pair middle kicker on a board where there's a flushDRAW possible.

I would say the percentage of this kind of idiots it's cut in half, other than that, nothing worth mentioning....

I also had the biggest downswing yet at the 2$ sng's: about 39BI (rake EXCLUDED), so your 100 games sample is too small. If you have doubts in your play read Moshman :D Good luck!
    • zhenzhenZHEN
      zhenzhenZHEN
      Bronze
      full tilt 2.25 9man sngs has gotten so so so so much tougher lately..its so rare for me to find a complete idiot there..however people still stack off with top pair no kicker there lol

and in the push or fold mode, some people seem to be pushing so light and calling light nowadays so u gotta tighten up ur pushes a lil and loosen up ur calling ranges...

also avoid pushing light into regs too much, they call me so so so light nowadays its not funny anymore LOL
      i always like to avoid this guy as he plays the same time as me: iTakeuALLIN so good
      and dont push light into this guy right now --> Keoki Wright <-- he calls like atc and is running hotter than the sun cracks aces like np
      ShimmyE is regfish xD

hope this helps
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Lol its got nothing to do with been tougher...Do you know how brutal S&G varriance is? For all you know your a 15%+ ROI player on $2.25. 110 S&G tells you nothing...
    • zhenzhenZHEN
      zhenzhenZHEN
      Bronze
      on full tilt 8 handed play seems to go on forever...even when blinds reach 100/200
      less people knocking themselves out nowadays
    • HarveyFP
      HarveyFP
      Bronze
      110 S&G tells you nothing...

This

Or slightly more politely, you need a much bigger sample size. Your +31 ROI is not a long term sustainable figure at micro stakes SNG's nor is your 'downswing' number.

At this level, with correct BR management your aim should be stick to your basic strategy, dont overthink what other players are doing (they don't know, so no way you can second guess them) and concentrate on times logged at table and playing optimally.
    • zhenzhenZHEN
      zhenzhenZHEN
      Bronze
      its so sick to know that without rake i would be up 54$ instead of breakeven
    • SlowOne
      SlowOne
      Bronze
      I know 100SnGs is net to nothing, but I was so powerless and felt others have huge edge over me. I couldn't explain to myself, why I staretd winning as soon as I moved level down. I guess variance played a trick on me. Moving back to 2.25$ and if I reach new poker bottom, I will come cry here again. :P