NL 20€ live

• debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      I wanted to ask for your opinion on this funny hand that happened to me lat time i was playing with my friends.
      The game was sixhanded, and i knew four players pretty well. I played with the fifth player for the first time, and what i heard he was very wild, playing mostly for the fun of it. The sixth player was me of course.

Here's the hand:
      Wild player is first to act and he makes it 1€ to go (blinds are 10/20c, he has around 12€ and i have him covered). I pick up AK in position an raise to 3.
      Everybody else folds and he calls, still without looking at his cards.

Flop comes: 2 4 5 (i can't remember suits, but they didn't matter)
      He checks and i bet 4€. Then he looks at his cards for the first time and moves all in. It is 5€ for me to call.

What do I do? How does AK hold up against to random cards on such board?
      (I called of course.)
  • 5 replies
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      i would say you almost have to call after investing so much in pot. next time make a bigger raise preflop against such player. or just call preflop and fold on flop when you dont hit anything. if he is action player then im sure he will bet into you when you actually have a hand too.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Debelinko!

That's what PokerStrategy's new tool "Equilator" says:

2,988,533 Games in 42.875s processed:
      Player / Equity / Win / Tie / Loss Hand / hand:

Player1: 46.068% / 43.525 % / 5.087 % / 51.388 % / random Hand
      Player2: 53.932 % / 51.388 % / 5.087 % / 43.525 % / AK

-> you have to call the $5

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      He had 3-6 actually!
      His response was: I knew there is a god!!!
      But yea, i called because i reckoned he would do this regardless of a hand he held, and i knew i was well ahead of a random hand. So +ev for me here!
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      if someone raises , without looking at his cards, and i have AK. i will push my hand preflop. if i have a made hand . like a big pocketpair , i will reraise.

this hand should be played preflop.
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      I coldn't push all in because there were still players to act behind me, and one specific player behind overplays pocket pairs. If he had any pocket pair i am sure he would be very tempted to call. And I don't want to put all my money in on a coinflip (not in a cash game at lest).