[CONTEST] Weekly Vote: How often do you use our Hand Evaluation services?

• Poll
    • Weekly Vote: How often are you using the Hand Evaluation services?

From time to time, I post a hand - but I should do that more often
        I never did - but I should try it out soon!
        Every time I have a question about an interesting hand I played, I post it
        From time to time, I post a hand - and I think posting more would not worth it
        Up until now, I didn't know what hand judging forums are or how I can use them
        I don't think hand judgements can really help me
      Total: 229 Votes
    • mojojo16
      Maybe I am too stubborn, but when someone tells me I played a hand wrong I usually disagree. Either way, I voted so send me my shirt :)
    • Abhorrence
      I've only posted one hand and it was in the wrong forum section haha. I really do think I should take better advantage of it. But my problem is not knowing what hands are deemed worthy enough to be posted.
    • Jackalof
      when someone tells me I played a hand wrong I usually disagree.

That's why you should be posting more of them :f_cool: Because judges "usually" know better that you.

I play Omaha and Hand Evaluation definately changed my thinking of the hands (from "oooh it's soooted!" to "can I rep a boat with my missed straightdraw hand"?). I would suggest EVERYONE start posting hands or reading other people hands - this helps not only to determine odds, pot odds etc. better, but understand why, in a particular case, raise is better than call, and so on.

And I really mean it - it's not because of the T-shirt :f_p:
    • Berkstajger
      Well I actually didn't mean anything I wrote, I'm just aiming for a T-shirt... :f_grin:

Btw, congrats on that shiny diamond, Jackalof. :)
    • tac3znarf
      Can I have one of the shirts? The diamond shirt I have is a little bit small. :)
    • Kokaroc
      I don't post too much, but I often attend the sample hands section to see others hands and it's really useful for improving game. :f_thumbsup:
    • z4tz
      Post hands once in a while, as usually not enough but i judge hands in the swedish forum so i kinda get a "workout" on hard hands there :)
    • AcesBreaker
      I didnt import any hand yet , but I study the hands and the situations. I think that this tool is very helpful for players. Because I lern how solve many situation .
    • oedipa
      When I am in doubt I post a hand :)
      I also watch the other hands in the forum to also learn from them.
      I only play SSS so I only know about that part of forum, but I have to say, that Burek and Gerv are really good judges who can explain the hands clearly and are quick to respond.
      I also like volunteer judge Dandycal and others who participate in going into details with the hands.
      Makes me want to try harder so I can judge the hands myself while not only after the hands, but also while playing the hand :)
    • lermontex
      From time to time, I post a hand - but I should do that more often
    • Janusrichmond
      "From time to time, I post a hand - but I should do that more often"

I´m usually posting the most difficult hand from each session, but I sometimes face more then one hard spot and I think I should gain from posting all of them.

I use to post my hands in the swedish forum but last week I started to use the english aswell because the Judges here answer faster. I think the quaility of the answers are good both in the swedish and the english Community.

• PKSSebulba
      Well I am too lazy to use the hand evaluation service + have too big ego :(
    • eudodo

I stopped posting. Maybe I am getting a bit pessimistic recently but I do not think it was very useful in my case.
      Give it a try again?

All best
    • ladman
      I am not desperate for a T shirt

I actually find it more useful to try and evaluate hands than posting them as seeing a hand for new from someone else, making you the neutral, gives you the impression that your playing the hand as oppose to the person who posted it, who just wants to rectify their play and know why they lost that last BI. I also like evaluating hands because having someone more qualified than yourself then passing judgement on you is really beneficial. Add to the fact that for 10 seconds you feel top of the world when a much better and richer player comes in and agrees with you. Yes it has been known for my head to expand at these times.

Plus I could write much more, and I intend to as I know persistence works because Damn I want a T shirt.

But now to make myself sound not keen I have to re iterate (in a reverse psychology kind of way that I am not desperate for a T shirt.) I AM.

On a side digression, am I spelling T shirt right. or is it Tshirt, or T-Shirt.

Enough for now. Actually I think I might have the potential to go on enough for a blog. Or would that iritate people too much.

• GrantJennings
      Props to hand evaluation moderators, Hand Judges, and all who participate in hand discussion.

I am an avid reader of poker books and strategy articles. However, something always gets lost in translation between print and the tables. Hand evaluation is the perfect way to engage in discussion about your tactics and get professional advice, bridging the gap between theory and practice.

My bankroll started to grow after I started posting nearly daily. Love it!
    • priit422
      never posted any hand, but i guess i have to. Have to check my hand history first.
    • koaesica
      I'm trying to post whenever I have an interesting hand. Good for finding leaks and learning stuff...
    • w34z3l
      Never posted my hands but I have enjoyed visiting coaching sessions that evaluate hands. I don't really like to post my own hands as such, but I like to see other peoples hands evaluated and apply the principles to my own play.

Maybe I'll post a few hands if I get a T-shirt :D

• hgypoker
      I only posted such hands that I got a suckout, but it is just standard. It's hard to choose an interesting hand.
    • kukkakeppi
      I've been too lazy to post the interesting hands, although I haven't really had any special / weird hands so far.