Site retracking

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Is it likely for re-tracking of sites to ever be possible? Have there ever been times on PS where re-tracking has been allowed on a site due to a specific agreement or promotion?

Unfortunately I had already signed up to many of the mainstream sites before I found pokerstrategy (without any bonus code at all) and would love for opportunity to get these sites tracked in the future.

Is it likely this will ever be possible?

w34z3l
  • 6 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello w34z3l,

Most sites are quite strict with "No re-tracking" for existing real money accounts. There are some exceptions for play money accounts and some sites do actually re-track real money accounts or even allow you to create new accounts.

Which sites allow what can generally be found in the first part of the respective site's download guide: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

The large sites such as PokerStars, Full Tilt and Party Poker usually make no exceptions in regards to re-tracking real money accounts so I doubt there will be little change to that in the future.

If other sites start allowing re-tracking we will communicate this by changing the guides and most likely with some kind of announcement.

Were there any specific sites you had questions on?

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi w34z3l,

It is of course possible in future as things do change from time to time, but I have to be realistic and say that I personally think that it wont happen any time soon.

Unfortunately retracking (a problem that affects us all) is totally out of PokerStrategy's control and is something in the hands of each respective poker platform.
      The two main issues the platforms would have (in my own understanding) is that:

(a) Where already tracked through a different affiliate, they would not be allowed to retrack without first seeking approval from the original affiliate and obviously they (original affiliate) would not be keen on losing that income stream.

(b) Where joined without an affiliate, the platform would be receiving less income from an existing customer for no good reason to themselves.

Simple truth is that it is not in the interests of platforms to retrack, unless they were getting something else out of it.

Like I say, this is just my understanding of the situation, but I have never known of anyone successfully retracking an account without exceptional reasoning before.

Best regards,

Bart

Edit: Oops, SoyCD obviously can type faster than me, but ah well nevermind, confirming the same thing really.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EagleStar88

Simple truth is that it is not in the interests of platforms to retrack, unless they were getting something else out of it.

Only thing that comes to mind is an additional deposit (with a PS bonus code) for non tracked sites. If there is no action going on at the site anyway (i.e $0BR), perhaps they would be happy to give up a small percentage of future rake for the hope of actually making some in the first place. (Anything is better than nothing.)

Anyway, thank you both for the information and prompt responses!

w34z3l
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Originally posted by EagleStar88

Only thing that comes to mind is an additional deposit (with a PS bonus code) for non tracked sites. If there is no action going on at the site anyway (i.e $0BR), perhaps they would be happy to give up a small percentage of future rake for the hope of actually making some in the first place. (Anything is better than nothing.)

Anyway, thank you both for the information and prompt responses!

w34z3l
      I totally agree with you my friend.

Unfortunately I had already tried this approach a while back with one of our partner sites (doesn't matter who) and they flatly refused.

As a result I no longer play on that site at all and apart from them trying to seduce me with re-load bonuses, which aren't sufficient value/reason imo, I no longer have contact with them.

It's of course worth a shot, would only take a couple of minutes to drop an email to their support team, especially if you have played a lot in recent months.

Let us know how you get on, would be interested to know if it works, as may help other members.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Well, I figured I'd give it a shot. Here is the email I sent to partypoker, I'll let you guys know the results.

Dear PartyPoker,

I am a member of pokerstrategy.com and it is important for me to play on a pokersite tracked by them. This way I can be an asset to the community as well as gain access to training materials for improving my game.

I recently started playing on partypoker again. I am impressed with the new changes and would like to make partypoker my main site for play. However, I am reluctant to put in a large volume of hands knowing I won't receive the additional benefits I receive from other sites (the ones tracked through pokerstrategy). Is there any way partypoker would consider allowing me to re-track my account through pokerstrategy.com?

I appreciate it is rare for re-tracking to be allowed. I enquired on pokerstrategy forums and was told by the moderators that it is not generally in a sites interest, as all they would be doing is sacrificing a proportion of their rake. They did however tell me it was worth emailing to ask. One thing I will say; it is highly likely partypoker will make a larger amount of net rake should I be allowed to retrack, since I will be playing a much larger volume of hands.

Thanks for your time,
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Thank you for contacting Customer Service.
      In response to your request I would like to let you know that we will not be able to re-track your account through pokerstrategy.com. If you haven't created your account through their website we will not be able to track the account to it afterwards.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We wish you a lot of joy on the holidays and a Happy New Year!

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.
      Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.
      Best regards,

--------

Happy new year indeed. Well, that's that then. I either don't play through pokerstrategy or I play on shit software.

w34z3l