[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aa

• Monkeye
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) 2, 8, Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $5.50, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.9.

Did I play AA well on the flop I was really scared that he had a set or something?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Decent chance he's some kind of tag given his stack size and the action so far. It's a dry board that will miss Hero very often, so it's a prime spot for Villain to bluff-raise against people who don't realize that Villain can't have much of anything either, or do realize it but are playing too weak and not doing anything about it.

In that case 3betting is just plain useless, since you'll get shoved on by sets and he'll fold all his bluffs. Calling in position will usually be better, villain has almost no outs, maybe a gutshot at best, or a 5-outer if he's semibluffing with 98 but at nl10 i think you'll see these hands call the flop almost always. So you're not afraid of much and giving him a chance to bluff again will make the difference.

If villain is some weird aggro fish everything changes, because these guys will have Qx hands in their range a lot, in which case the question is whether they'll call or jam over a 3bet with it. If you don't think they will continue when you 3bet, call. If you think they're not folding, 3bet and get it in before the board gets any uglier.

Hope it helps.