$8.76
      CO:
      $6.71
      BU:
      $9.27
      SB:
      $4.25

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.65) 9, 3, A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.45) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.45, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.45.

Hey there

Villain plays thats calls is 18/8 and the other is 50/40. I cbet as I believe that I can fold some suited contectors kx, KK- hands.

When 18/8 calls me I knew he had an ace.

Did I made the right play?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Probably not. If you think SB is so tight then there is no point in c-betting a flop where every worse hand will fold (except maybe for 9x/TT-JJ if he has those) and you'll only get called by Ax+, so it's almost way ahead/way behind on this dry texture.

Check behind to give him a chance to catch a card and make a 2nd best hand, the hands he has that can draw out on you are 9x and pocket pairs, for 2-5 outs at best, it's not that risky.

After that play poker, if you think he doesn't bet out on the turn with anything less than Ax you can even fold the turn, but if you don't know, calling the turn bet will barely ever cost you more than c-betting the flop, and is often made up for by people randomly bluffing or betting worse hands into you because you showed weakness on the flop. If he checks again, he's less likely to believe you for a A since you didn't bet the flop, so he'll often call a bet lighter on the turn than he would have on the flop.

Hope it helps.
    • loop2troop
      loop2troop
      Bronze
      Hi,

so there are 2 options. One that he does not bet without Ax and other that he would bluff.

If he bet only with Ax sotuation, I can atleast capitalize on the dead money already in the pot. As his Vpip is 18 if we remove all Ax from his range there is 10,8 percent rage in there, lets make it 9. So if he fold 50% of his hands to the bet and continues with 50% (he could be tempted also to fold some small Ax's). So half pot bet should be break even play, no?

If he will be capable of blufing. Is there a way to know if I am beat in this situation? Calling down turn bet means calling down another one on the river. So investment of perhaps 10BB more.

Lets look at the way I played it. What should be my decision on turn? Could I call it down? I see myself way behind after somebody calls me and then donk the river to me with such a tight range.

PS. I do not know If I could use the button Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread - hope I do not bother you much. Would you have another look at this thread if I would not clicked the buton? :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not saying c-betting is bad, it's 100% profitable in that spot too. Capitalizing on dead money by c-betting is the only sensible option if you know he'll never bluff and he's unlikely to put money in with worse than Ax ever, even if he turns a Q or something. In practice it doesn't quite work this way since some players will stab at the pot when you don't show interest, some will give you less credit for an A if you don't c-bet the flop and thus start calling hands they wouldn't have called with on the flop, and most players will do a few of both. In that case you can just go ahead and fire all your air on the flop, but with hands that looks like they're good enough to maybe squeeze a little value later on, it's fine to check behind planning on valuebetting later streets when your opponent only has few outs with his worse hands or plain better hands.

You don't have to call the river if you call the turn, very few players will actually follow through with a bluff on the river if you call the turn, and if they do, then you should either revert to c-betting the flop to avoid tough decisions or find the heart to call two barrels :)

The way you played it you isolated yourself against better hands unless he's capable of floating air to bluff or turn or spastically "blockbetting/valuebetting?" 9x, so folding the turn is fine without a read on that.

Originally posted by loop2troop
      PS. I do not know If I could use the button Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread - hope I do not bother you much. Would you have another look at this thread if I would not clicked the buton? :)
      Yes it's there for a reason, i likely would have picked up on it anyway but it's easier for everyone if you flag the thread :p

Hope it helps.