This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Why switch from SSS to BS?

• Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Hello!
      I have been playing SSS for around 6 months, building my roll to aorund 800$ (had those 40BI bellow EV stuff...). Since my gaming skills, I was able to play 16tables on FT all the time, playing ABC game and achiving WR of around 3-5BB. I was a pretty laggy SSS playing around 13vpip, 3 betting etc etc, having around 15$/h I feel like god. I just poped up tables and play for as long as I could. Everything seems great, but a month ago I realized I haven't improved my game a thing, since with SSS there is basicly no postflop game or very little, most of the time is c-bet, check/shove. No tricky lines nothing, no real poker as they say.
      I read on alot of forums that SSS is just pure crap, no skill etc. etc.etc and i thought, you are all a piece of shit, just whining bcs y can't beat them.
      But the reality was, I soon realised that playing SSS will not improve my game, even worse, will decrease my poker skill(reading hands, making tricky lines, playing 3 bet pots, 4bet pots).
      So i switched to NL10SH a few weeks ago, and must admit, that whole new horizon opened to me. I was breakeven for around 5k hands, but than stadily improved my game, and increasing my earnings. My BR stands at 930$, playing DeepStack tables.

So my advice is, try switching to BSS, even if SSS brings more hourly, you skills will develop more playing BSS.

Cya
  • 2 replies
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      well playing bss will definitly improve your game, as u will confront a lot of different situations that u wont playing sss, and will also understand opponents decisions better.
      nonetheless saying that playing sss will decrease ur skill is way off.
      also, u can improve/adapt sss a lot.
      in the end it's just a matter of taste, although i wouldnt recommend to chose one and just stick to it forever, as there are things to learn from both strategies.
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by randomdonk
      well playing bss will definitly improve your game, as u will confront a lot of different situations that u wont playing sss, and will also understand opponents decisions better.
      nonetheless saying that playing sss will decrease ur skill is way off.
      also, u can improve/adapt sss a lot.
      in the end it's just a matter of taste, although i wouldnt recommend to chose one and just stick to it forever, as there are things to learn from both strategies.
      I guess decrease is abit off, I would rather say, your postflop skills will stagnate, rather than improve.