Why switch from SSS to BS?

• Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Hello!
      I have been playing SSS for around 6 months, building my roll to aorund 800$ (had those 40BI bellow EV stuff...). Since my gaming skills, I was able to play 16tables on FT all the time, playing ABC game and achiving WR of around 3-5BB. I was a pretty laggy SSS playing around 13vpip, 3 betting etc etc, having around 15$/h I feel like god. I just poped up tables and play for as long as I could. Everything seems great, but a month ago I realized I haven't improved my game a thing, since with SSS there is basicly no postflop game or very little, most of the time is c-bet, check/shove. No tricky lines nothing, no real poker as they say.
      I read on alot of forums that SSS is just pure crap, no skill etc. etc.etc and i thought, you are all a piece of shit, just whining bcs y can't beat them.
      But the reality was, I soon realised that playing SSS will not improve my game, even worse, will decrease my poker skill(reading hands, making tricky lines, playing 3 bet pots, 4bet pots).
      So i switched to NL10SH a few weeks ago, and must admit, that whole new horizon opened to me. I was breakeven for around 5k hands, but than stadily improved my game, and increasing my earnings. My BR stands at 930$, playing DeepStack tables.

So my advice is, try switching to BSS, even if SSS brings more hourly, you skills will develop more playing BSS.

Cya
  • 2 replies
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      well playing bss will definitly improve your game, as u will confront a lot of different situations that u wont playing sss, and will also understand opponents decisions better.
      nonetheless saying that playing sss will decrease ur skill is way off.
      also, u can improve/adapt sss a lot.
      in the end it's just a matter of taste, although i wouldnt recommend to chose one and just stick to it forever, as there are things to learn from both strategies.
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by randomdonk
      well playing bss will definitly improve your game, as u will confront a lot of different situations that u wont playing sss, and will also understand opponents decisions better.
      nonetheless saying that playing sss will decrease ur skill is way off.
      also, u can improve/adapt sss a lot.
      in the end it's just a matter of taste, although i wouldnt recommend to chose one and just stick to it forever, as there are things to learn from both strategies.
      I guess decrease is abit off, I would rather say, your postflop skills will stagnate, rather than improve.