FullTilt or iPoker?!?

• 7 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi andreibalint,

Please bear in mind that I am posting this as an ordinary member of the forum just the same as everyone else and not in my role as a moderator/representative of PokerStrategy.

I personally prefer playing these on Full Tilt. I find the opponents a little better (skill wise) but this is a good thing as more predictable. Also Full Tilt are 9 player sngs, whereas Ipoker are 10 (or at least were, but may have changed). Traffic volumes also tend to be better on FTP.

Each to their own however, whilst I prefer the general feel/userability of Full Tilt, I'm sure there will be other members that prefer Ipoker.

If you are able, try a small number on both platforms and see how you get on.

Good luck with whichever you decide to do and please try to avoid someone called EagleStar as he can (on odd occasions) play well and would be a shame to take money off of fellow PokerStrategists ;)

Good luck buddy,

Bart
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      imo full tilt is just awesome for playing 20-30s. the opponents are horrible for the most part, rakeback is nice and the software is the best available (yes, imo FT > stars :) ). furthermore i never had any problems with the support and cashouts are very fast and unproblematic.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Thank you for your replies, i think i will choose FullTilt. Thing is my account is not tracked, so no rakeback and no pokerstrategy rank. For Pokerstars it's the same.

I guess the main reason i choose FT is because i see the stacks better when the tables are minimised, even though i hate you have to play like forever to afford to buy a freakin book...
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh imo the shop is quite nice actually. you will get better, play higher limits and pay more rake -> earn more points -> yay! :)
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      frzl, are you a sng player? If yes, i want to ask you if it has any sense to bother with table selection at 20$-30$.

I know Moshman's says don't play with multiple winning players, but in an average 10$ SNG you generally find multiple winning players... So how do you do it?
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      mh depends. how many tables do you play?
      if you are like 6tabling or something it might make sence to skip a sng if it´s really reggy but if you are playing 12 tables+ you just have to take any sng you are getting most of the time. no big problem though.
      i cashed out so i´m playing 24s-36s as well and i almost never had any problems with the tables. of course there are good, multitabling regs sitting at any table but it´s just not possible to avoid them. i rember one time i aborted a session (or better: i didn´t even start it) because all the registering 60s were looking like this 7/9, 6/9, 6/9... 5 good regs in every single sng -.-
      this won´t happen very often anyway though. it´s absolutely no problem to have like 2-3 good regs at your table. furthermore most regs at the lower limits have quite big leaks as well. just take a lot of notes and it´s quite easy to play against them.
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      One thing is sure FT has the best program, therefor you can play more sng at once, they are always full in maximum 1minute (standard 30sec) and the fact its more reg doesnt really hurt you so much as in cash, i think you will do same action vs a reg as a fish if you multitable 16, unless its late stage. If u would ask for cash then I'd say anything just not FT..

gl,
      ai yahoo id ?