[NL2-NL10] nl10€ - JJ

• NIVEKii
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 8, 7, J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.05) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.70, BB calls $1.70.

River: ($5.45) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, BB raises to $6.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $17.45.

Villain is a 'solid' 56/2/0.0/1.8 over 67 hands.

Although I thought about folding (a lot of draws just got there) I just couldn't find the will to fold my flopped set. The minraise could be a way to get me out of the pot, since the river completes loads of draws. His stats however, and the way he played other hands made me decide to call his river minraise.

Should I just fold this?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Unless he becomes aggressive postflop, a 56/2 barely ever uses his raise button. If he had a lower set he probably would have raised it before and i'm not even sure he raises these on the river when the board is 3-flush 4-straight, almost positive he doesn't raise two pairs either. I think you're looking at 9x a lot, maybe some kind of flopped gutshot/pair or floated overs that backdoored a flush too, with sometimes a hand you beat that he wrongly slowplayed because he's that bad and he only knows c/c c/c c/mr as a value line.

I'd probably fold it unless i had some kind of read on his postflop lines making it worth calling, but i don't think calling is horrible either. If you see the showdown make sure you adjust in the future.

Hope it helps.