$4.97
      MP2:
      $2.95
      MP3:
      $5.84
      CO:
      $3.75

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.6) 9, 4, 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB folds, BB calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.5) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $2.40, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.25.

I suppose it is a easy fold on turn when I got raised. My question is if I should have bet at all on turn or If I just should have check folded? I think I hoped that a hand like A9 should pay me of but when I think about it I think A9 should have folded preflop, even if ppls time to time call with those hands.
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since we know nothing about the players i think bet/folding the turn is fine i'm sure bad players are calling 9x again almost always, if you get raised you're clearly beat, it's a lot easier to play then if you check behind without knowing what to do on the river.

If they're rather taggish players you might be better off checking behind and valuebetting 2,5-8,T,Q rivers because they'll often fold stuff when you barrel the Q, but they might look you up on the river if it looks like you don't have it because you checked back. Since they're usually not good enough to valuebet even 9x on the river, i think you can fold if you get donked into barring a read that he can bluff there.

Hope it helps.
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replay. Im not sure I did understand your last sentece.
      "i think you can fold if you get donked into barring a read that he can bluff there." Can you please develop that? what street are we talking about?

Thanks
      J.R
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Janusrichmond
      Thanks for the replay. Im not sure I did understand your last sentece.
      "i think you can fold if you get donked into barring a read that he can bluff there." Can you please develop that? what street are we talking about?

Thanks
      J.R
      It follows the previous sentences on what happens on the river if you decide to check back the turn against some kind of tag. When they donk out they're going to have a air/near-nuts range because most of them don't valuebet thinly enough in that spot, which means you're often bluff-catching with TT. So if you don't think they bluff, there is no point in calling a reasonable river donk.

Hope it helps.
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Thanks alot

J.R