This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 6-max overpair and action on flop

• Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Spela upp hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.28
      BB:
      $15.62
      MP2:
      $2.72
      MP3(Hero):
      $8.27
      CO:
      $13.83
      BU:
      $5.80

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.8) Q, Q, T (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $1.20, SB folds, BB raises to $15.42, Hero folds, BU folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.6.

I think it is a easy fold after BB checkraise all in, he is probably holding AQ or something like that. But how should I play in this spot if BB was not in the pot and the pot was HU vs me hand BU. I mean, I have a overpair, bet for value and getting raised, is that a fold, a call or should I try to get the money in and hope my opponent hold a lower pocket?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Likely call the minraise and reevaluate on the turn, folding is really weak and 3betting there against Qx/draws is going to be spew unless he's crazy enough to minraise/call Tx or something. I don't think he's raising a pocket pair on QQTcc.

The turn is going to be tricky to play out of position without some kind of read on the guy's aggression, even on a blank. Will he bet a draw again or check it back and take his free card? If he bets, does he have enough draws in his range still for us to check/shove? If he'll likely to check back and we decide to donk out to make him pay for his draws, can he just spazz-jam over our donk with draws?

Easiest way to go is probably to try and check it down, maybe call a bet on a blank river after a blank turn since him not betting Qx on the turn is unlikely so he'll show up with some busted stuff somewhat often.

Hope it helps.
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Thanks alot!