Your take on the matter

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Ive listened to the audiobook Phil Gordons Little Green book once and now Im reading the actual hardcover book. What I wonder is, what do you guys think about his style of raising? Raising 2.5-3xBB in early, 3-3.5xBB in mid, 3.5-4xBB in late and 3xBB in blinds and the actual thought behind it. It would be nice to hear what others think of it.
  • 3 replies
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      His game certainly works on the tournament circuit against bad and passive players and he seams to do okay against the pros as well but I think this might be one of the reasons why many of the pros call him a cash game fish. The biggest winners on the net does n´t win big because they play small pots. The best players on partys SH NL tables are quite laggy and like big pots. So I seriously doubt his word when he says he is one of the best cashgame players in the world. He is absolutely not the worst but far from the best.

And one more thing why give players in superior position good odds to call that would if anything be a reason to raise more in early position.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I guess the reason is he doesnt want to play big pots OOP
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      Thats a valid reason but raise that small it would be much harder to get reads on the blinds and callers and doing it with strong hands would give the blinds very good odds for suited connectors and onegappers. So if you get action postflop playing would be much harder cause it´s hard to give your opponent a descent range. Don´t know which range he raises UTG with but it would be interesting to see. As said I admire his tourney skills but put him up against sbrugby in a heads up deep stack cash game I would be willing to bet a lot of my roll on the latter.

And for heavens sake the man says himself the he is the best player even on the cash game circuit and in the next breath he says he is behind a lot in cash games but thats just because he does n´t play that much. LOL

Lets be serious the guy is a genious in big tourneys but he needs a reality check.

One more thing if he plays like that the good players won´t let him play small pots he would be hammered every time he raises from good players with position.