[NL2-NL10] NL 25 contibets and stealing

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,30
      CO:
      $5,25

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:heart: , Q:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 4 folds, CO calls $1,00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 3:diamond: , 3:spade: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,25, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3,60

I was afraid that he was SSS (he had low stack), so I put him high overpair (although SSS players would pushed preflop)

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $12,99
      BU:
      $32,61
      Hero:
      $5,59

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , A:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, CO folds, BU calls $1,25, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($4,10) 9:diamond: , J:diamond: , 7:club: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($4,10) 3:heart: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($4,10) J:heart: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $2, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $6,10

Against two players I don´t like to make contibets without any pair. Also board looked dangerous. Actually I thought that BU was bluffing and maybe I should call his bet.

3)
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,51
      SB:
      $28,18

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:diamond: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 7 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) A:diamond: , 3:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,25) K:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,50, SB calls $1,50.

River: ($5,25) 6:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB folds.

Final Pot: $7,25

Imo this is way ahead/way behind:) He has ace and he chekc-raise me all-in and I have to call or he doesn´t have. No many cards can harm me here so I checked behind and hit my set on the turn, so there was already nice valuebet:)

4)
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4,96
      Hero:
      $5,77

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 5:spade:
      7 folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,50) 3:diamond: , 5:diamond: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $4,21 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6,71

Seemed strange that low stack only called pre-flop, so I thought that I can bluff him out. I think that I should maybe check flop and fold his turn bet ui (SSS players don´t check/call:) )

5)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6:heart: , 6:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $0,25, UTG+2 calls $0,25, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $1,50, Hero raises to $2,95 (All-In), 6 folds, MP2 calls $1,45.

Flop: ($6,75) 5:spade: , 6:spade: , 2:club:
      Turn: ($6,75) 3:diamond:
      River: ($6,75) K:club:

Final Pot: $6,75

This is interesting hand. My stack was 2,95$ and I like to do then a lot open pushes. MP2 raise ruined my open almost my open push. I was 80% sure that he had overcards and 20% that he had TT-AA. I think my push was right, it´s mostly coinflip and theres a lot dead money in the pot, so it should be EV+. Hitting my set was also fine:D
  • 5 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      haven´t played ss for a while but i will try

1) easy contibet. he has a low stack but that doesn´t mean that he is a sss player for sure ^^

2) good

3) contibet flop. there is a flushdraw out there and i´m not sure that its good for a sss player to play wa/wb anyway ;)

4) when you raise preflop you have to bet the flop also.. so it should be ok

5) uhh i don´t think that was a good push. and btw: without stats i think you should stick to the standard strategy especially when the pot was already raised by another guy. your foldequity is 0 and the best you can hope for is a coinflip. against every higher pair your equity is horrible.

imho ;)
      as i said: didn´t play any sss for a long time so i´m not too sure. maybe you should wait for other opinions. e.g. pushkin ?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

Hand 1) I would make a contibet here (~1.25) and fold to any further action.

Hand 2) nice hand

Hand 3) I would make a contibet here. The ace is as scary for him as it is for you. Nice turn ;)

Hand 4) Don't bluff with a shortstack. The strategy is based on the fact that opponents don't take you seriously and for this reason call your strong hands with weaker hands.

Hand 5) fold preflop. Please stick to the starting hands chart of our SSS strategy area. Otherwise you will lose money in the long run.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      4) mh i think its a thing that alaton did sometimes (to raise a sb completer). i don´t like it (without reads and at this limit) but when he raises preflop he has to do a contibet on the flop. or am i wrong ? :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      That's correct. But without raising preflop you don't need to make a contibet on the flop ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also don´t like raise preflop against SB and making contibets with real hand. I think that I will avoid such things future.