Perfectly Played Hand.

• moodyuae
      moodyuae
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker Game #16663154567: Satellite to MiniFTOPS #10 (123778288), Table 5 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:17:54 ET - 2009/12/09
      Seat 2: moodyuae (8,930)
      Seat 3: Vendetta4287 (2,500)
      Seat 4: tdogger88 (9,725)
      Seat 6: zperdido (3,770)
      Seat 7: AAontop (1,640)
      Seat 8: aangee64 (2,180)
      Seat 9: CCHRISTO (2,740)
      AAontop posts the small blind of 100
      aangee64 posts the big blind of 200
      The button is in seat #6
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to moodyuae [Ac Kc]
      CCHRISTO folds
      moodyuae raises to 600
      Vendetta4287 folds
      tdogger88 raises to 2,000
      zperdido folds
      AAontop folds
      aangee64 folds
      moodyuae calls 1,400
      *** FLOP *** [6h Ah 3s]
      moodyuae checks
      tdogger88 bets 7,725, and is all in
      moodyuae calls 6,930, and is all in
      tdogger88 shows [9h 9s]
      moodyuae shows [Ac Kc]
      Uncalled bet of 795 returned to tdogger88
      *** TURN *** [6h Ah 3s] [3h]
      *** RIVER *** [6h Ah 3s 3h] [5h]
      tdogger88 shows a flush, Ace high
      moodyuae shows two pair, Aces and Threes
      tdogger88 wins the pot (18,160) with a flush, Ace high
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot 18,160 | Rake 0
      Board: [6h Ah 3s 3h 5h]
      Seat 2: moodyuae showed [Ac Kc] and lost with two pair, Aces and Threes
      Seat 3: Vendetta4287 didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 4: tdogger88 showed [9h 9s] and won (18,160) with a flush, Ace high
      Seat 6: zperdido (button) didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 7: AAontop (small blind) folded before the Flop
      Seat 8: aangee64 (big blind) folded before the Flop
      Seat 9: CCHRISTO didn't bet (folded)

No such thing as success in ftp.
  • 25 replies
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      I'm no expert in tournament play but I gotta feeling that you should either 3bet (shove) or fold to villain's raise...
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      wtf?...
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      wtf, shouldn't this be a shove or fold preflop?
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      hmm, they're both pretty deep, so i think calling ip is probably fine
    • EasterH
      EasterH
      Bronze
      why no raise after flop?
      just check, and anything can happen
      maybe if you raised the other wouldve folded
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Checking top pair with a draw heavy board... Hmmm

Not perfectly played.
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      what were you going to do if villiain checked the flop?

Would you bet the turn?

In my opinion you were certainly not in a position to slow play that flop. You were the original aggressor/raiser and should have followed through after the flop. Villain IMO probably put you on pocket 10's or JJ after you flat called his reraise and checked the flop. When the Ace flopped he represented that ace (with outs) and obviously didn't want you to call.

You gave him the option of a free card on a draw heavy board. As it turns out villiain donk shoved but could have also been holding A 3s A 6s (unlikely but possible).

You made the right call don't get me wrong, villian just got lucky but it was certainly not a perfectly played hand IMO.
    • moodyuae
      moodyuae
      Bronze
      But I know im good. I didnt think he would push all in, but i was positive he was holding a pair if he 3 bets me that much pre-flop. He's not raising my raise on suited cards or suited connectors. He has a pair.

So when he pushed. I know he has either Ace trips. Or a pair smaller than mine. He's pushing because he puts me on KQ type cards or a smaller pair and wants me to fold.

But hitting a runner runner heart? I mean come on.

Ofcourse I played that perfectly, for the reason that I had him dominated and I got HIM to put all his money in, where as on my raise he would have definetly folded, putting me on a Ace for sure.

You see in my eyes, I want him to call in that situation if I know he has a pair smaller than mine. I have him friggin dominated. The only real thing that saves him is by hitting a 9. But he hits a runner runner heart.

Cant believe so many of you see this situation differently than me.
    • moodyuae
      moodyuae
      Bronze
      He cant have a3 or a6. He 3 bets me. The blinds are 100-200, I raise to 600. He raises to 2000. What kind of IDIOT retard would call with a3 or a6? You see, that board is PERFECT for me.

I have AK,

Flop is a - 3 - 6.

I know he has a pair. He cant bet to me without a pair.

if it had come, A K J

or something similiar, I might be a little scared. He might have trip Jacks or Kings or somethings.

But with those small cards. I know im good. Cuz he's only calling with 33 or 66.

and if he checks the flop, another heart comes. I push. Then I am worried.

What im trying to say is, I think it was perfectly played because I got him to put all his money in the pot and we were both chip leaders. And he was DOMINATED. 2 outs. (and im talking about the 9) not the runner runner, bull shit he hit.

Cheers

Moodyuae
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Cmon, you can't whine about one bad beat, even if it's quads under quads. Come to FL SH and you're getting beats like yours every second hand. :P
    • HarveyFP
      HarveyFP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Come to FL SH and you're getting beats like yours every second hand. :P
      There is your first problem
    • moodyuae
      moodyuae
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Cmon, you can't whine about one bad beat, even if it's quads under quads. Come to FL SH and you're getting beats like yours every second hand. :P
      I wish it were only one. It sickens me to my stomach the beats I get.

But what can you do man? Thats full tilt.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Oh, come on... you have plenty of winning FTP players around, what did they do... bribed the random-cards-distributor admin?

And I also consider myself a winning player on FTP even though I suffered one month long downswing and lost 25% of my BR in 3 hours when moved up to higher limit on another occasion.

What can you do?

Hands Evaluation Forums FTW. ;)
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by moodyuae
      He cant have a3 or a6. He 3 bets me. The blinds are 100-200, I raise to 600. He raises to 2000. What kind of IDIOT retard would call with a3 or a6? You see, that board is PERFECT for me.

I have AK,

Flop is a - 3 - 6.

I know he has a pair. He cant bet to me without a pair.

if it had come, A K J

or something similiar, I might be a little scared. He might have trip Jacks or Kings or somethings.

But with those small cards. I know im good. Cuz he's only calling with 33 or 66.

and if he checks the flop, another heart comes. I push. Then I am worried.

What im trying to say is, I think it was perfectly played because I got him to put all his money in the pot and we were both chip leaders. And he was DOMINATED. 2 outs. (and im talking about the 9) not the runner runner, bull shit he hit.

Cheers

Moodyuae
      Like I said he could have A 3 or A 6 however unlikely, but I have seen a massive amount of people play the line you describe with A 3 or A 6 suited because theyre suited.

There's no doubt you got unlucky, you got your chips in there with the best of it and that's all we can do. Nice hand, good trap but maybe look at taking the pot early with TPTK to avoid being sucked out on like this or villain hitting a set on turn/river and slow play locked hands etc. The pot was big enough to take right there on the flop with that hand.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      calling 3bets OOP is usually bad, also you haven't said anything about how many players win a ticket here. and if you were the 2 chip leaders then avoid confrontations with him with ace king. so your call preflop could go from meh... to horrible , not perfect though.

postflop is standard.
    • moodyuae
      moodyuae
      Bronze
      I shouldnt call 3 bets oop, but isnt AKsuited the 3rd best hand you can get dealt pre-flop?

I should take the pot right there with tptk, sure. But if i know the person has an under pair and can only win by really hitting a 2 outer, Why should i take the pot right there?

Well, You guys are both right because, fact is I lost.

But still, I wanted more action simply because i knew I was good. Specially after the flop.

The thing is after i lost that hand. I thought to myself, why didnt i bet. Why didnt I bet. Id be still in it, id most probably have the ticket, because the players were a piece of cake to eat up, and I had a strong chip stack in the tournament.

But the fact of the matter is, in the same exact situation, id probably play the hand the exact same way, if i know the guy has an under pair, cuz i know he's quite literally dead.

I was just venting. Now its long gone.

I hope some of you after my arguments can see the hand from my point of view now too.

Cheers guys

Moodyuae.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Yes...A perfectly played hand.................

Oh wait you just flatted pre flop when you should of re raise...I guess it wasnt so perfect after all..... *DOH* :s_cry: :s_cry:
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Well, You guys are both right because, fact is I lost.

Wrong.

Hand can be played right and you'll still lose. But it's important that you know you played it right and you'll get money back 5 times with the right move. Your line of thought is popular at fish - they play a crappy hand and suck out on AA and that gives them the reason to play crappy hand over and over again hoping to "get lucky". And because they usually don't get lucky you get their money. :)
    • moodyuae
      moodyuae
      Bronze
      @Berkstajger: Yeah bro, thats what iv been saying the whole time through, read my other replies posted all over the board.

and at mr. pocketjohn whatever. I didnt push, because if I hit an ace, i know im good over his pocket pair. If i dont, I can easily make the fold.