$10.08
      CO:
      $9.15
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $4.31

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      MP2 raises to $0.15, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.92) 6, 8, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP2 raises to $1.90, Hero raises to $4.55, MP2 calls $2.65.

Turn: ($10.02) Q (2 players)

River: ($10.02) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.02.

This was my first hand of the session. Seriously I have to watch the video how to play overcards.

Only cards that creates value for me are 99 , TT and AK and AQ. Probably non of them would call my all in right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

99-TT aren't raise/folding in a 3bet pot usually so you'll stack those if he has them. Problem is people will also take that line with QQ+ sometimes so overall it's a wash.

More importantly you need to estimate how many middle cards or medium pairs he has in his range preflop and what he's doing with them. If he's a tag he won't have that many 8x and connectors type hands so the best you could hope for is flipping with AhQh and that he indeed does raise/call 99-TT, which some of them won't. If he's a fish it won't be rare for him to show up with 8x hands and overplay them. I don't think going broke is bad in any case and folding looks really tight, but if he's a tight reg the value is really thin, if there is any.

I think you mostly need to focus on pickup up reads on your opponents to help in those spots, reduce the number of tables you're playing and focus on basic stuff. Everything is worth something. If his username is billyjoe1990 chances are he's a whole different player then if he called himself YouPayForMyCar/JustGrinding or something like that. If he's talking in the chat look at what he's saying. If you've seen him limp preflop in late position he's automatically bad. The more hands he's playing the more he'll show up with crappy top pairs and air instead of the mortal nuts. You just need to be aware enough of what's going on to form a decent opinion of every player based on all the info you come across, and then trust your reads.

Hope it helps.