This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo, NL4 BSS

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      just played this hand... as mentioned in the title, I was playing BSS

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.04, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.36) 4:club: , Q:diamond: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, UTG+1 calls $0.16.
      Usual continuation bet...

Turn: ($0.68) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, UTG+1 calls $1.00.
      But then he raises the turn, so at this point i put him on something like QJ or QT for 2 pair, or maybe even 44 for the flopped set, so I guess it's pretty safe to raise for value...

River: ($3.48) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.52, UTG+1 calls $1.52.
      But here, since I read strength, should I have bet more? I'm pretty sure anyone would call at least 2/3 pot with 2pair or a set, with such a "harmless" board (or not ;) )...so basically my main concern is the river bet size... is 1/2 pot enough?

Final Pot: $6.52

Thanks for any comments, critiscism etc ^^
  • 2 replies
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      Since you had the nuts, your goal was to go allin. And since you've put your opponent on 2 pair/set you could as well push allin on the river, but on those limits I think that even if you were going to bet 2/3 pot or even pot you would get called with worse hands than 2 pair or a set.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi swissmoumout!

First of all I would contibet more (at least 0.2). Also on the turn you should bet more for value (at least 2/3 potsize). On these limits you get paid off anyway. And on the river I would definitely push allin.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81