Known players:      
      Hero:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.45

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:club: , 7:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.50) 5:spade: , 6:club: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB folds, MP2 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.50) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, MP2 raises to $8.95 (All-In), Hero...?

My straight completes but unfortunately with a very risky card. I bet to protect but I'm pushed right there and then. At the time I thought any flush would simply call here, and the over the top push I thought indicated he wanted to take the pot there, so I figured the 2nd nut straight was good enough to call. Is this thought process correct?
  • 3 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I think it's an easy fold.

I doubted he would shove anything less than a flush here.

I don't think a flush would simply call here, it's usually not a strong enough hand to slow play, anyone with a set can quite easily get upgraded to a full house.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You should probably fold to the shove yeah.

Sometimes we're folding a chop and maybe to a set of 8's, but when we continue and we're right he has outs, when we continue and we're wrong we're drawing dead, so the more straightforward the player the more you should be inclined to make the tough fold. If he's really awful and you can put a bunch of two pairs/pair+redraw/sets in his range calling is fine, but most people wouldn't take that line with those hands on such a board.

Hope it helps.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Well I ended up calling and villain showed 84o for two pair. Villain had been very very aggresive postflop and hence my thoughts on him wanting to finish the hand right there with the shove