Known players:      
      MP1:
      $9.80
      MP3:
      $9.64
      Hero:
      $15.72

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , A:spade: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.05.
      BB posted big blind of just $0.05 and is all-in.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2.40, 4 folds, MP3 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.35) 9:heart: , 7:club: , K:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.60

I don't see a need to protect my hand with a 3/4 potbet. I gave him no implied odds to look for a set and if he has Kings it'd just be bad luck I lose an 80/20. Is the valuebet for halfpot good here? Or is a check/raise better to try and induce a bluff? I also think the halfpot bet looks a bit weak and could allow pairs like TT or JJ to call? I was hoping he'd have AK here.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your reasoning is fine for the bet sizing, there is no need to worry about AK, we're stacking that hand no matter what we do.

You're in position so you can't check raise. Checking back can have merit but you'd need a reason to deviate from the standard c-bet/call, most likely that this player is very tight against flop c-bets but can be suspicious when you check back, or is completely insane aggro when you show weakness.

Hope it helps.