2nd place

• sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      Weee, my 2nd biggest poker winnings, now my family will be able to buy some food again :D :D :D (j/k)

#Game No : 6176860891
      ***** Hand History for Game 6176860891 *****
      NL Texas Hold'em Trny:34623329 Level:18 Blinds-Antes(10,000/20,000 -500) - Monday, July 23, 17:59:39 ET 2007
      Table $2.5k Gtd Rebuy (1103393) Table #1 (Real Money)
      Seat 8 is the button
      Total number of players : 2
      Seat 7: dinhmor ( 1,157,575 )
      Seat 8: sismis11 ( 598,925 )
      Trny:34623329 Level:18
      Blinds-Antes(10,000/20,000 -500)
      dinhmor posts ante [500]
      sismis11 posts ante [500]
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to sismis11 [ 3h 3d ]
      sismis11 is all-In [588,425]
      dinhmor calls [578,425]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ Jd, Td, 8h ]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8s ]
      ** Dealing River ** [ Kd ]
      sismis11 shows [ 3h, 3d ]two pairs, Eights and Threes.
      dinhmor shows [ Ah, Kc ]two pairs, Kings and Eights.
      dinhmor wins 1,197,850 chips from the main pot with two pairs, Kings and Eights.
      Player sismis11 finished in 2 place and received $899.72 USD
      Player dinhmor finished in 1 place and received $1,490.50 USD
      Congratulations to player dinhmor for winning tournament $2.5k Gtd Rebuy
  • 15 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Wow nice one. :)
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      Luckboxed it again :)
    • willfox
      willfox
      Bronze
      Nice 1 ... but all in with 33 ?? After getting so close ??
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      there is tiny chance of higher pair and against other cards you have small advantage. there is no way for me to play flop with such hand unless i hit a set. i dont play heads up much but normally my stratagy is if im behind in chipcount i take coinflips with decent hands and put pressure to double up, and when im ahead i play slower waiting for opponent to make mistakes or bluff at me.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Congratulations sismis! Please check your emails! :D
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      I started playing tournaments more intensive again last week. I managed to win a ticket for party 300k gtd tournament through 11$ rebuy qualifier. I played it once before half a year ago and i finished ITM then (minimal prize). This time it started great, i doubled up 1st minute with higher full house on board with 4 cards of same color.
      I tried to continue in tight style but when blinds went bigger i was more and more card dead. I decided not to risk all-in with marginal hands in raised pots and that was pretty much every hand when i had some picture cards. I started getting some better ones again only when i was around 5 BB but i couldnt double up and only managed to steal some blinds to extend my agony.
      Anyway there were 225 players (200th place was needed for the money) left when i had to pay BB again. And there it is - KK. Im all happy since reaching ITM is so close now. One guy from late position raises to 2 BB, i know he is weak, but i only had 5 before paying the blind. Slowplaying was on my mind for 0,01 of a second but i didnt know what should i do if A hits the board. So i shove the rest of my chips in and after some thinking he calls the 3 BB reraise (his stack was 15-20) and shows A5o. Oh god, dont let stupid A5 beat me. Ofc there it is - A on flop and im kicked out.

And now to the happier news. I played 20$ freezout on titan today. I played my A game except one time when I sucked out really bad after i called all-in on baby flop from someone who seemed to me to be a maniac. i put him on AQ/AK coz he overbet the pot 3 times but he had twopair and i hit set of 4 on turn. I admit that was terrible call :evil:
      After that i started getting some playable hands and i pushed short stacked around with it. I avoided other bigstacks with marginal hands.

I reached final table on 4th place i think. Soon i recieved some monster hands and gained chiplead with overagressive raising and rereising so there was no need to go to showdown. I wanted to continue in that style so i raised 4 BB UTG with AKo. The guy after me reraises all-in for 3/4 of my chips. I decided to call and he shows KK. I didnt hit A (why do i never hit it in situations like that :D ). After that hand i was 6th in chipcount out of 8 players left.
      But to my luck everything went fast after that and other players were kicked out in matter of minutes (some overagressive plays) and i managed to increase my stack too.

In heads up i was up against a player i doubled up sooner with KK (grr). It all started with me having 1/3 of oppononents chips. After some hands he called my all-in with KT on board xxT with 9T and we were soon even in chips. But then i hit my series of 7-high cards and couldnt do anything for more then 10 hands. I was down to 1/3 of his stack again. He pushes all-in with K8 and i called with 22 (he slowplayed very strong hands before) and board comes QTxQT. Again i lose heads up with small pair (watch first post in this thread). Prize for 2nd place was 748$.

P.S.: Puschkin81 - since i was already interviewed once and i wrote such a long post i hope we can skip it this time :tongue:
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Well done! Congratulations!

Concerning the interview: :D Sure....no problem!

I also know these KK vs. Ax situations....I never hit that damn ace when I need it....but if I have kings....oh well. But that's definitely a subjective perspective and against all odds. I hope you keep posting here. It has been a while since your last post ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Congratulations to your family for having food again. Mine is still having a hard time because I can't seem to win :(
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      Dont have a family :)
    • WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      I have 5 kids including a set of triplets-can you feed some of them too??? ;)

J/K
      WarGawd
    • Werdna
      Werdna
      Bronze
      Lost my family in a poker game the other day... :(
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      You have to learn your family to get some food only twice a year and stockpile the fat in rest of the season.
    • mashmash
      mashmash
      Bronze
      Well done sismis, maybe a little unlucky on that last hand but any 2 he had may have brought the same result. Glad you can all eat again, stockpile that fat!
    • Classical
      Classical
      Bronze
      "Daddy, daddy, please don't fold those suited connectors! I'm so hungry!"
    • hippycritt0420
      hippycritt0420
      Bronze
      wow.. what can i say cept those are somw huge winnings and i can't wait to be playing at that level congrats on the finish's