MP3 ($19.70)
      CO ($12)
      BTN ($17.63)
      SB ($10.30)
      BB ($23.60)

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 9 players) Hero is MP1 5 5
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 3 folds, BTN calls $0.20, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: 5 K J ($0.70, 3 players)
      BB bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, BTN raises to $0.70, BB calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: J ($2.80, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80, BB folds

River: Q ($6.40, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4, BTN raises to $10, Hero raises to $16

That raise on the river is a bit strange. What can he hold here?

Villain limps Preflop, so he has something in the range of pp, JQ,KQ,JK,KQ, JT,KT,QTand probably suited connectors.

On the Flop he raises a bet and a caller, that means he must have a made hand or he is bluffing ip.

The check on the Turn, means that he was bluffing and is ready to give up, he has a draw, or a strong made hand and it's slowplaying.

I don't see myself not betting the River with a Full House, but can I fold to a raise here? Or can I just call?

I think that here JA, JT would pay us.

What's the best line here? Does his hand scream JQ, JK? Or can I be payed off many times profitable here?
  • 5 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

he most probably has QJ or maybe even KJ here.
      Sometimes villain overplays his AJ, maybe JT.
      But I don't like your call on flop after the minraise.
      You have a set and obviously TWO players show interest in getting the pot.
      You still have to protect your hand from QT or KJ f.e.
      So raise it up to 2.50-3.00$.
      As played bet 2.25$ on turn.
      The river card sucks, so maybe check/call is better.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I prefer raising pf
      I think you have nuts on the flop, so you should get all your money all-in, meaning re-raising to 3$ on the flop and shoving if you face another re-raise
      You can bet a little more on the turn, since likely Jx/Kx would call
      River I´d just b/c. There is high % that villain holds KJ/QJ and you don´t have best hand any more
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I prefer raising pf
      I think you have nuts on the flop, so you should get all your money all-in, meaning re-raising to 3$ on the flop and shoving if you face another re-raise
      Open raising 55 MP1? So I start to OR every pp mp+?

I have the nuts on the Flop, but re-raising wouldn't scare weaker hands that would pay me otherwise?

River I´d just b/c. There is high % that villain holds KJ/QJ and you don´t have best hand any more
      Noted! :s_biggrin:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't think you need to be openraising every low PP from MP1+. I prefer a frequency of 60% raises and 40% limps.

Raise it on the flop. Bottom set on this board should be fastplayed, you want to get your money in as early as possible. Easy b/c on the river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I prefer raising pf
      Open raising 55 MP1? So I start to OR every pp mp+?

I have the nuts on the Flop, but re-raising wouldn't scare weaker hands that would pay me otherwise?

Noted! :s_biggrin:
      I would raise first in any pp, since if you limp/call then players can always put you on set if you going to c/r even on drawy boards

Once he min-raise I doubt he is folding to 3-bet on the flop. So hes hand range should remain the same even if you re-raise on the flop