Poker Books for Christmas?

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Which Top 5 Poker Books should I tell my disapproving family members to buy me for Christmas?

(I play SnGs and will ultimately move to cash games when/if tourney cease to be profitable. I have a decent BR and am playing mid limits (NL25 BSS and 22+2$ SnGs) so no beginner books required)

Your votes, please?

Thanks as always,
      Tim 64
  • 5 replies
    • ro1chwvd
      ro1chwvd
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am too searching for some info about what books to start with. What were the first books you read when you were a beginner?

I received some suggestions for a beginners(?) roadmap:

1. "Hold'em Poker" by David Sklansky
      2. “Small Stakes Hold ‘em: Winning Big with Expert Play” by Ed Miller, David Sklansky, and Mason Malmuth
      3. “Harrington on Hold’em I, II and III” by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie
      4. “Winning Low Limit HOLDEM” by Lee Jones.

Are these ok, do you have any other suggestion?
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      "The poker mindset" - IMO the only book worth reading...turned me into a winning player. It's not about playing strategy, its focus and perpouse as in the tittle is mindset, the correct way to approuch and react to things. 9/10 id rate it.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i find harringtons book on cash games the best ive read so far. i would highly recommend it.
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      Harringtons books are good, I like Proffessional Nolimit Holdem by Flynn, Mehta, Miller. Also about theory - Sklanskys " No limit holdem - Theory and practice".
      About previous suggestions - Small stakes holdem is a fixed limit book (although you can use theorys in NL).
      You may buy also Super system 1 and 2. They give you an overlook of different games and interesting points. But for learning the game, they are not so good books.
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      The Poker Mindset (psychology) and Kill Everyone (tournaments) > all