This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AA, Drawy board, stick it in?

• Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Spela upp hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $5.07
      UTG1:
      $3.62
      UTG2:
      $2.52
      MP1:
      $5.07
      MP2:
      $5.21
      MP3:
      $5.58
      CO:
      $21.24
      BU:
      $2.93
      SB(Hero):
      $4.95

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, BU calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.35, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1) 8, 5, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP1 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.6) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.75, MP1 calls $3.75.

River: ($10.1) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.1.
      Results follow:

MP1 shows three of a kind, sevens(7 7).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

MP1 wins with three of a kind, sevens(7 7).

My question is if it´s correct to put the money in on turn? I think a smaller bet would have made me comitted anyway and I want to protect against draws, I find it unlikely that my opponent is holding a six but he could be on a set but should I be afraid of that? Did my opponent get odds enought to call for setvalue? (ofcourse they make it anyway on NL5 but fun to now)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Ugly.

If he's some sort of tag you're like never good on the turn since TT+ aren't in his range for over-limping preflop. Unless maybe he has one of the 3 JTs out there. So i wouldn't even mind check/folding. Well i would mind actually, but i'd do it anyway.

Otherwise we can likely convince ourselves that a random nl5 player will show up with enough draws / pair+draw / 9x / maybe overpairs in that spot to not make shoving horrible. We're still not happy about it at all, but giving up and being wrong would be sort of a disaster equity-wise, so we're just jamming hoping for the best.

Hope it helps.