25 BI at the 20$ sngs at full tilt

• tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      about one month ago i went up to play the 20$ regular sngs , it all went well :
      it seems to me that players , or some players are even worse than the 10$ level. even though i started good, 6 days ago i strated to lose, 12 sngs in a row and after that little by little i managed to be down 500 $. i have a healthy bankroll but i am wondering : is this normal to happen with so many bad players?
      i have 2170$ left, should i move down?

i need some help.
  • 8 replies
    • JVV
      JVV
      Bronze
      Hi

Quite standard to have a 25 buyin swing in Sngs. imo you have no need to move down you still have a very healthy BR.

What I suggest you do is review some of your games post in the hand forums , attend coachings and so on ,so you can get you confidence back and roll on .
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Don't see a reason why you should move down, but take a break. That's good enough.

As JVV said, you got a healthy BR.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      happened to me when i moved up to the 12s. lost 38BI running 20BI < EV.

i think moving down is a good idea to build your confidence. watch videos and review your games. try find any spots where you can improve. build some confidence back up then take another shot.
    • Milkafish
      Milkafish
      Bronze
      As already mentioned 25buyin downswing is standard when it comes to sngs. It also makes no sense to go down a level since you have big enough bankroll to stay up, take a break review your game and fight your way trough.

Good luck. :)
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tevere
      is this normal to happen with so many bad players?
      i have 2170$ left, should i move down?

i need some help.

I dont agree with couple of the thing you said

1. everything normal its poker even a lost of all the BI
      you can look on your loses and see if its bad luck or bad play thats it...

2. bad players...
      there are aloat of things you dont understand yet
      you cant call the players bad if you dont know or dont understand
      what went in there mind

there are aloat of moves like
      blind steal / bubble abuse / pot odds / fold equity / early and late positions

all this moves if they get called they are look very fishey
      or dumb or you can think
      "how he raised with 45s from utg" but dont understand
      he see the table is tight and its the bubble now

i dont say you dont understand them all but by the way you talk im sure
      you have to learn aloat of them
      and the best teacher is experience... so good luck in the grinding...

dont go down a limit but try to see who are the regulars and what
      in your game your doing wrong or it just bad luck ..
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      I've played around 1k $6/$12 (mostly 12s) turbo SnGs @ fulltilt. I think I'm a bit to conservative, but I used a 100BI rule, which worked out fine for me. I was a margial winner (most profit came from rakeback :f_frown: ), and I could handle the swings easily. 12 SnGs OOTM is standard by the way. Just don't let tilt hit you because trust me, that HURTS, especially if you are multitabling. It's easier to handle if you don't play in sets. It really sucks when you don't get ITM once during one session.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      take a break or kill the variance with lots of playing.In the end u wont even bother that u lost with AA vs runner runner 1 card flush etc.
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      your BR is ok . try table selecting better for a while and 1 table if you are multitabling.