[NL20-NL50] NL 50 68s

• GrantJennings
      I sometimes play hands like this from utg. This is one of those times.

I didn't valuebet the river because his betting line was either:

1) good ace
      2) flushdraw

In the second case, he'll bet for me, and I'm probably beat as my flush is only 8 high.
      In the first case, he can't call a bet or a raise, so I played check/call.

Does this make sense, or am I leaving some value on the table?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 8, 6.
      Hero raises to $2.00, 5 folds, BU calls $2.00, SB folds, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) T, A, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.00, BU calls $4.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($14.25) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, BU calls $10.00.

River: ($34.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $14.50, Hero calls $14.50.

Final Pot: $63.25.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      I personally would prefer to bet around 16-18 here. He probably calls with AJ, AQ and if he shoves I would pukefold if he is a tight solid player.

I just don't see him holding 2 clubs here as JcQc and QcKc he would almost certainly have played more aggresively.
    • GrantJennings
      hi mbml

I really didn't want to play bet-pukefold with this hand. God I hate doing that with very strong made hands!

and yes,with the gutshot royal flush draw, many players would ramp up the aggression, however I find that at NL25 it's a mixed bag, and some players play their monster draws the same as their strong draws.

To be honest, this is one of those times that I wish I hadn't made a flush on the end, as I felt ahead 90% of the time with trips. Also, I was worried that it would kill my action against Ax hands. However, I think that since I raised UTG and the A :club: is already on the board, the only utg raising hand that I could have had was K :club: Q :club: Since my hand is so well disguised, I probably could bet it again.

...and then pukefold to the shove :s_cry:
    • Kaitz20
      pot is too big to b/f to river shove
      I´d bet turn a little more to 12$ that I can shove river for value
      He may call me down with Ax if he is suspicious enough and since you hold flush then it is not so likely he has also flushdraw
    • GrantJennings
      yes, this is one problem with playing 6 tables, I miss a lot of details like this. I see now that a lot of value was left on the table this hand.

Having looked over the hand quite a while, flush doesn't seem likely at all, even though it fit the betting. since the A and the T of :club: are on the board, they can't be in villain's hand, taking away all of those Ax :club: and JT/T9 :club: hands. JQs and KQs are often going to lay down to an utg raise (I'm throwing them away most of the time), so most likely thing he holds is AQ/AJ or (far less likely) slowplayed set/boat.

Yes, I don't think I could ever pukefold on the river. It might sound nice, in theory, but I can't see myself making that laydown.

I felt that I was betting turn heavily enough, but I see now that I can get even closer to potsized on turn, and AQ probably won't go anywhere.