This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr Kk

• Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Spela upp hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $7.08
      MP2:
      $7.89
      MP3:
      $7.42
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $5.25
      SB:
      $14.09
      BB(Hero):
      $4.93

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.25, MP1 calls $0.20, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.55) J, 4, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP1 calls $0.80.

River: ($2.85) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, MP1 raises to $5.68, Hero calls $1.88.

Final Pot: $12.06.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).
      MP1 shows a straight, jack high(8 9).

MP1 wins with a straight, jack high(8 9).

Standard preflop.

Valuebet every street with my overpair, I don´t find the board dangerous so only bet like 2/3 pot on every street to get payed of from a hand like AJ.

The river T on the river is a disturbing card because my opponent have been playing as he was on a draw, whitch now might hav hit. Decide that the chanse is to small that he should call me preflop with a nine, but ofcourse he could be holding something like 9,10 or 9,J.
      Bet smallish for value from a worse hand, maybe I should have pushed instead since Im pottcomitted anyway? Or should I have check/folded river?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Tough really, c/c is awful and c/f is too weak since it's not that simple for him to show 9x whereas it's relatively easy for him to have Jx. I still like betting the river but i wouldn't shove, it'd only scare Jx and leave us up against stuff that beats us. If you know he's never folding Jx because he's a huge station jamming is perfectly fine.

Once he raises he has us beat virtually always so if i knew he was kinda tight i might even fold. Pot odds are worthless if you're never good. As it is, calling it off is okay.

Hope it helps.