[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr Kk

• Janusrichmond
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Spela upp hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.25, MP1 calls $0.20, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.55) J, 4, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP1 calls $0.80.

River: ($2.85) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, MP1 raises to $5.68, Hero calls $1.88.

Final Pot: $12.06.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).
      MP1 shows a straight, jack high(8 9).

MP1 wins with a straight, jack high(8 9).

Standard preflop.

Valuebet every street with my overpair, I don´t find the board dangerous so only bet like 2/3 pot on every street to get payed of from a hand like AJ.

The river T on the river is a disturbing card because my opponent have been playing as he was on a draw, whitch now might hav hit. Decide that the chanse is to small that he should call me preflop with a nine, but ofcourse he could be holding something like 9,10 or 9,J.
      Bet smallish for value from a worse hand, maybe I should have pushed instead since Im pottcomitted anyway? Or should I have check/folded river?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Tough really, c/c is awful and c/f is too weak since it's not that simple for him to show 9x whereas it's relatively easy for him to have Jx. I still like betting the river but i wouldn't shove, it'd only scare Jx and leave us up against stuff that beats us. If you know he's never folding Jx because he's a huge station jamming is perfectly fine.

Once he raises he has us beat virtually always so if i knew he was kinda tight i might even fold. Pot odds are worthless if you're never good. As it is, calling it off is okay.

Hope it helps.