short stack strategy

• pingh
      pingh
      Bronze
      nobody raised before me and im in the button position with AQ , i should raise 4x the big blind , after i raised , someone called and after the flop i have nothing. what should be the next move? (i went all in , which i think was a wrong move but i won as an ace appeared in the turn)
  • 4 replies
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Better raise 3x preflop and make 1/2 or 2/3 (on dry or drawy accordingly) of pot contibet. If you get raised, give up. Problem with 4x is, that you need to showe in bad situations when you don't hit any thing.
    • pingh
      pingh
      Bronze
      on preflop , what if there is 1 who raised and after that another 1 called , in the strategy , there are only 3 scenarios more than one opponent raised before you,exactly one opponent raised before you & an opponent re-raised after you but nothing on 1 who raised and after that another 1 called.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      I think nothing changes here. Just go all-in with JJ+ and AK. You can squeeze even looser, but you must know opponents (how loose first openraises and what caller usually coldcalls).
    • WadeFortune
      WadeFortune
      Bronze
      With th AQ you can make a continuation bet on the flop if you get raised you should fold.