This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Equity Help

• A7thecleave
      A7thecleave
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Can someone tell me if this sounds right and if I am using the equilator properly:

Using the equilator, I set the opponents range to QQ+, AKo, AKs since these are the hands that the average person will push preflop with (NL2).
      QQ had 40% equity and AK had 39% and 42% offsuit and suited. I should therefore call an all-in with these hands if I am only required to put 40%, 39%, or 42% of the money.
      So, if someone bets 10 cents, I raise to 30 cents, and then he goes all-in for 2 dollars total, I should call with QQ or AK since I am only putting in 35% of the pot.
  • 2 replies
    • Dephy
      Dephy
      Bronze
      i think you should spot, how lose your opp is, i was playing 1 table today and 1 guy was limping and calling with every hand, so if you are agains really tight short stacker, use only KK or AA(i have burned agains other ss's when i played QQ or JJ), but agains some really losse bad player, like i was playing, you can use pocket pairs effectively, you will win more often than not. Correct me if im wrong though, only playing poker 4days ^^
    • A7thecleave
      A7thecleave
      Bronze
      Ya, but against a short stack, you have even more equity.