Equity Help

• A7thecleave
      A7thecleave
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Can someone tell me if this sounds right and if I am using the equilator properly:

Using the equilator, I set the opponents range to QQ+, AKo, AKs since these are the hands that the average person will push preflop with (NL2).
      QQ had 40% equity and AK had 39% and 42% offsuit and suited. I should therefore call an all-in with these hands if I am only required to put 40%, 39%, or 42% of the money.
      So, if someone bets 10 cents, I raise to 30 cents, and then he goes all-in for 2 dollars total, I should call with QQ or AK since I am only putting in 35% of the pot.
  • 2 replies
    • Dephy
      Dephy
      Bronze
      i think you should spot, how lose your opp is, i was playing 1 table today and 1 guy was limping and calling with every hand, so if you are agains really tight short stacker, use only KK or AA(i have burned agains other ss's when i played QQ or JJ), but agains some really losse bad player, like i was playing, you can use pocket pairs effectively, you will win more often than not. Correct me if im wrong though, only playing poker 4days ^^
    • A7thecleave
      A7thecleave
      Bronze
      Ya, but against a short stack, you have even more equity.