This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Big Slick

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´ve played now a while SSS and I think it´s mostly wrong re-raise AK all-in against early raises. TAG-s raise there TT-AA and AK, so my EV is - . There´s no point calling, then I would just fold:) When the raise is MP or LP or I see that the early raiser is LAG, then it should be ok to go all-in. Imo all-in is also fine if there is at least one caller, because then I should get good pot odds.

Am I right?
  • 2 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      No ;)

Because I think TAGs have a wider range: TT-AA, AK, AQ, KQs maybe also smaller pocket pairs. Here are the results from our tool "Equilator":

Player : Equity \ Win \ Tie \ Loss \ Hand
      Player 1: 49,557% \ 38,721% \ 21,671% \ 39,608% \ TT+, AQ+, KQs
      Player 2: 50,443% \ 39,608% \ 21,671% \ 38,721% \ AK

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      After thinking it a while, I think that I am still right. When you play according to the SHC BSS then you raise early position only AQ+, AK+, JJ+. Then my equity with AKo would be 50,106% and with AKs 52,528%, which imo is not good enough, because Partypoker wants also rake:) .

I also wondered one other thing, if I raise UTG with JJ and there is re-raise from MP2 who is very tight player, I should fold. Again according to the SHC in the BSS you should reraise with AKo, AKs, QQ+. If I call with JJ my equity is 36,190%!!! and I don´t get 3-to-1 to get even. With AKo my equity is 38,824% (I don´t know if I should even then go all-in, when I´ve only invested 1$ and he re-raised 3$- and I´ve left 4$). Only AKs sounds fine- equity 41,904%:P and QQ- equity 40,207%.

I know that hand range is working against very tights players and there are still fishes who reraise with 99+ and AQ:) , but against tight Pokerstrategy players I should lay down my JJ and AK;)

By the way. Thanks Pokerstrategy. Love Equilator tool- helped a lot to do some math:P